Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel arc 750 graphics board drivers

KJB1
Beginner

I purchased the Intel ARC 750 at the end of March 2023 and put it in a PC with based on a Dell Optiplex 9020 motherboard.   It worked well for until mid-May which coincided with the latest update to the drivers for the ARC.    

From that point the PC would boot, work for a few minutes and then the screen would freeze.  The only solution was to reboot, which would repeat the process.  No error messages, no indication of anything wrong, the screen just freezes.  

I put in the old graphics card and the PC ran fine again.  

My question, did the latest update to the driver run into a problem or cause the Dell 9020 to go obsolete?  I understand the Dell 9020 is old but it works fine.  

KJB1

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello KJB1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is your BIOS version?

2. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

3. Did you try with a previous driver version?

4. DId you check with Dell to confirm if the motherboard is compatible with the GPU?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
KJB1
Beginner

1. What is your BIOS version?

Dell Inc. A15  Dated 11/8/2015

2. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19044  build 19044

3. Did you try with a previous driver version?

The graphics card worked from when I installed it in late March 2023 until mid-May 2023 when it began to 'freeze' after a few minutes of operation.  I noticed that in mid-May an update to the 750 drivers was released and loaded on my machine.  I had my machine set to automatically load driver updates.  

My question ... How do i find and load previous driver versions?  I used the Intel graphics monitoring sofware utility to control updates and didn't see an option to load previous versions. 

4. DId you check with Dell to confirm if the motherboard is compatible with the GPU?

No, but was told it was compatible with the Dell 9020 by Microcenter ... the place I bought the 750 graphics board.  

Ken B.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello KJB1, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on your response, please try the following:

1. As a test, try a previous driver version:

2. Check with Dell to get the proper drivers and BIOS compatible with the Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics.

3. Confirm with Dell if the Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics is compatible with their system.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello KJB1,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello KJB1,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
KJB1
Beginner

Go ahead and close the post.  Decided that debugging a graphics driver update was not worth the hassle and returned the graphics card while I still could.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello KJB1, 

I do apologize for the bad experience with the Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. I will proceed to close this thread as you mentioned, bear in mind that you can open a new one at any time if you need assistance.

Thanks for your time and comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
HoQuangNgoc1
Beginner

Hi all,

I have quick solution to solve the freeze os with Intel A750.

1. Fresh install the Windows 11 (may use Rufus to bypass TPM,...)

2. use the driver version 4382 and above

i tried with one old PC and everything is work fine, of cource, dont have Resizable Bar support 😄

0 Kudos