i7 8750H, UHD 630, Windows 10 1903, gtx 1070
I stayed on the last non-DCH graphics driver (from 2018) until now just so I could avoid any problems.
Installed driver version 7000 with the .exe
And of course iGCC doesn't work at all and because it's DCH I can't roll back.
The new control panel does not open unless I wait 5 minutes
And when it does eventually open, nothing works at all
Tried restarting, uninstalling/reinstalling iGCC from microsoft store, running windows update, whatever. Doesn't work.
Thanks for another brilliant piece of software intel.
You can rollback if you want.
Disconnect from the net.
In the device manager, in the display adapter, uninstall the driver, checking the box that says remove files. reboot
repeat the above until you are all the down to Microsoft basic display adapter.
Reconnect to the net.
Get the driver that you want (non-DCH)
- The Intel Graphics Control Panel is no longer part of the Intel Graphics Driver. It was replaced by Intel Graphic Command Center (GCC). You may launch the GCC from the Start Menu (under "I") or, from Task Bar in Hidden Icons area. It is not included in Desktop Context Menu any more. This was Microsoft requirement.
- You can download your Graphic Driver from the DCH driver to the old style driver, if you wish:
- Disconnect the internet.
- In Device Manager, uninstall the DCH ver. 7000 driver. You should see Microsoft Basic Graphic Driver.
- Now, install your old non DCH driver.
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.
Intel Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel