Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel graphics driver update 31.0.101.2115 in a loop

Sharky77FR
Beginner

Hi,

The Intel graphics driver update 31.0.101.2115 for 6th Gen Intel Core™ processors and associated Intel®® Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processors appeared on my computer on 2023/01/15. The installation went well, but it reappeared yesterday (2023/01/25).
I reinstalled it again, everything went well, but it's still in the updates to install this morning.
My computer is a DELL G5 5587 (equipped with Intel® UHD Graphics 630), what can I do ?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sharky77FR,

This issue is due to a clash with Windows* Update and will occur even if the driver is manually updated from Download Center or via Intel® DSA. Checking the report, the graphics driver installed is 27.20.100.9664, which is the latest version available on the Dell website. It may indicate that the issue is that once you complete the driver's installation process Windows update pushes the OEM driver installation.

The only way to stop the update notification from Intel® DSA is to hide that particular update. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sharky77FR,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• How are you installing this driver?
  • Could you share a screenshot of the Driver update notification?
  • Are you using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant? If so, are you running the latest version v22.8.50?
  • Create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU).
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Sharky77FR
Beginner

Hello Jean,

For the installation, I used the Intel Assistant who downloaded the driver, then offered me to install it.

You can see the screenshot below.

I send you the SSU scan.

Note : this morning, same situation, the driver appears in update to install, and after its installation, it's still present in the updates to install.

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2023-01-28 091539.jpg

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sharky77FR,

This issue is due to a clash with Windows* Update and will occur even if the driver is manually updated from Download Center or via Intel® DSA. Checking the report, the graphics driver installed is 27.20.100.9664, which is the latest version available on the Dell website. It may indicate that the issue is that once you complete the driver's installation process Windows update pushes the OEM driver installation.

The only way to stop the update notification from Intel® DSA is to hide that particular update. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

Sharky77FR
Beginner

Hello Jean,
It's not great this conflict issue, but your workaround works well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sharky77FR,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread workaround worked well, and you marked this thread as solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos