Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
18306 Discussions

Intel hd graphics 2500 working problem

amjj
Beginner

i have a intel hd graphics 2500 from my i5 3330 and when i try to play anything or open a heavy site it stop working and recover, but is not like i can play, it stop before i can do anything, i have all drivers updated from intel support app.

i don´t know what to do anymore can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your system is from 2012.  The latest (and last) graphics driver is here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18606/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-33.html

If it does not work, it is time for you to get yourself a new or newer system.   You should consider something with an 8th gen or greater processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

amjj
Beginner

i have the newest drive, but in this page it shows the version 15.33.53.5161 and i´ve downloaded and instaled it, but when i enter and lock my video display in windows it shows that im using the version 10.18.10.5161 and i don´t know why the version does not change, it did not showed any error when i try to install, it actually work normally

do you know why this is happening? and if you don´t, do you think this is a problem with my processor?

AlHill
Super User

No, it is just that your processor is not supported on Windows 10.  As I said, it is now a decade old and there are no more drivers from Intel.  You are basically on your own.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-10-21h1-supported...

If you are a desktop, you might try installing an older nvidia card, like a gtx 1060.

Or, do not invest any money in your system, and go for a new or newer system that is supported..

[Waiting for Windows 12]

amjj
Beginner

i use win 7, i ill try later with a gt 9800 that i have here, thanks for the help friend

AlHill
Super User

Ok, but consider this:

Your processor is no longer supported.

Your graphics are no longer supported.

Your OS is no longer supported.

Rather than fight a losing battle, it is time to abandon the old, and get with the new.

[Waiting for Windows 12]