Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20785 Discussions

Intel hd graphics 3000?!?

idata
Employee

Yea i just wanna ask you intel people why this graphics card sucks so bad? I mean i bought it in a macbook pro 13" 2011, when i was playing a game, yea it had LOOOWW frame rate. And when i tried it on my friends mbp 13" 2010, containing NVIDIA 256MB graphics card, compared to intel hd graphics 3000 (384MB) , it had NO LAG. So please, I have been waiting for a driver for this graphics card. So I hope you guys will make one which will improve performance, as your last driver was 13 of April. PLEASE, Intel.

0 Kudos
31 Replies
idata
Employee

Albrecht,

I have not attempted to rum BF3 on the HD 3000. I was trying to state that it may run a game, but not all of us like slide shows. Indeed, performance is not the eyes of the user.

Im not trying to start a war here, but Intel should just get the heck out of the way and let those that R&D GPU's back onboard. True, the HD 3000 is their best offering to date. This is better that their ususal R&D/GPU development that consists of checking if it ouputs video. Thats all they ever cared about in the past and concentrated on CPU's. Isint that what made them great in the first place?

Does GM and Dodge make Motorcycles now too?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Granted, the video graphics have a lot to be desired with the Intel HD...

I knew when I bought battlefield 3 that it would not movie like graphics... All I wanted was to be able to play the game, all I wanted was for Intel to support their products. Drivers to be written in a timely manner... just the simple things... I expected when I saw their advertising that when Intel said future gaming I thought they would have support.

If Intel stayed with just Cpu's I believe they would still be great, but they started the line with graphics and had no buisness being in it... If they could actually competite with Nvidia or ATI, sure but I dont see that coming with in the next 5 years,as their graphics are from the early 90s at best, their best bet is to drop their graphics line and reaserch their graphics and when it has enough performance to run with the big boys of graphics processors (Nivida and Ati) then bring it out, I feel they came out way too early... yea they are making money with it... but the way they went about it is not right, cause all their customers who have bought their CPU's in the past,and learned to trust Intel are now frustrated, cause of the Intel HD, the broken trust, and lack of support. and the false advertising...

Their Cpu's are still the best but not mated to Intel HD, that brings them way down... kills the performance of the computers... (makes them into terminal computers)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You must have problems buying cars also. If you believe all of Intel's Advertising then you were a little naive. All over the Internet are video card benchmarks and forums dedicated to technical discussions about computers and graphics cards. I wish you better luck next time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just wanted to add to this by saying that for me - I now only look for AMD or NVIDIA for any laptop I buy. I can toggle off my AMD 6750M (in fact my Mac was setup to do this on battery when the power starts getting low) and there is no comparison. I can understand the value of integrating a low cost graphics solution but if you want to do anything besides word processing you got problems. First thing the kids will say is - hey dad my game is slow.. sorry no way to fix that in a laptop. I wonder how much the cost would be reduced for the CPU if the video core was not integrated... anyway.. For me always look for AMD or NVIDIA inside...

0 Kudos
RDang
Beginner

you have to understand that new intel CPUs have GPUs integrated into the CPUs. The GPU and CPU are in the same die and are less than 1mm apart. This concentrated heat prevents higher performance for both PUs. HD 3000 is very capable, but they forgot to mention in their advertisements that performance is also throttled by HEAT. Desktop PUs have better cooling capability because they aren't restricted by space and cooling solutions. The best fix would to find ways to keep the laptop cool, or more specifically that 1mm PU die area that produces more than 100C

ddkkk
Beginner

I know this is old, but wow dude.

You complaining about this is like complaining that your 1975 Buick isn't fuel injected, or that it can't keep up on with all the newer cars on the highway. Do you actually know how a computer works? Judging by your posts you do not. It's actually somewhat humourous how absolutely ridiculous you are.

Not only was your PC not built or designed for the purpose of running graphics intensive games, it's a laptop. It's a general-use laptop with an integrated GPU. I have an Intel 3000 HD, and while it won't play Battlefield 3 on high settings and at native resolution, I would never expect it to, in fact, if it could, I'd be shocked, as the laws of physics would be bending in front of my very eyes. That being said, however, I can actually still manage to play a handful of great games, including Warband and it's various graphically intensive mods. If I'm not getting playable FPS, I lower the graphics settings as well as the resolution and I am usually passified. Intel does not care about your ridiculous opinions and complaints, because they are ridiculous.

If you want to play 'new games', don't purchase a 'general use' laptop with an integrated GPU, That isn't how it works. Buying a 'general use' PC in the first place at all is unlikely to satisfy such demands, let alone a laptop LOL. You need to pay some serious cash if you want a laptop that runs new and graphically demanding games.

It doesn't matter how good the drivers are in this scenario. It's not really Intel's or EA's (or whoever) fault that you can't run new and graphically intensive games with the specs your system has. You're expecting too much. Inegrated graphics for laptops have come very very far, however, maybe that's the problem. Now people expect too much because they don't understand how things work.

I also just realized you're talking about a Mac. LOL. Man, man, man. Macs have historically and specifically not been a good platform for gaming.

You're really really expecting too much and placing blame where it doesn't belong. Ugh. I absolutely loathe this kind of thing. Slowly and surely you people are lowering the threshold of human intelligence.

0 Kudos
SMurp5
Novice

Nothing ventured nothing gained

0 Kudos
ddkkk
Beginner

True, however it's not the asking the OP did that's ridiculous, it's the crying and demanding Intel or EA 'improve their drivers' so that he can run games that demand more resources than his PC has in the first place. It's the crying and argueing with people trying to explain why he can't play new graphically demanding games on a Macbook with an integrated GPU.

OP, your GPU does not even have it's own memory for god sakes. You know how when you look at game requirements for older/not-so-graphically-demanding-games you'll often find a requirement like "Graphics card with 64MB dedicated memory"? Well, you don't even have that. The Intel HD 3000 doesn't have any dedicated memory at all for the GPU, the GPU and CPU both share from the same memory bank, as people already tried explaining to you. Do you happen to be 12 years old, OP? And this isn't some sort of crime either, nor is it Intel 'being mean' or whatever you might be thinking, it's pretty much the industry standard for general-use PC's and general-use laptops especially, and generally speaking, Apple laptops even more-so. OP bought a product that was not designed to suit his needs nor really even advertised as such, contrary to his claims.

Venturing out and taking risks is one thing, being ignorant and then crying about it is another.

0 Kudos
SMurp5
Novice

Thanks I am new at this

I get to learn to spell better to use many word to remember what to spell right

therefore gain communication skills here.

I hope to help someone yet limited to what I know.

There is reason for everything - just wish I could share it. Would be a lot better that way.

0 Kudos
SMurp5
Novice

Best Regards. Therefore to ask and be polite is communication. With as much detail as possible.

Nothing ventured nothing gained - what is heard is possible to answer.

Therefore if I do nothing - I get nothing.

Yet the greater good is to answer and be practical.

Just so limited to what I know.

I can perhaps get frustrated solving a problem - its important to someone.

Thanks and hope every one a better day and great solution.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi All,

Please be aware that we have in our communities very technical people with huge expertise and experience but we also have users/members that are rookies with technology.

Every question and feedback are very welcome every time and we encourage our customers to build this community together

Kevin M

0 Kudos