Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20661 Discussions

Is there any scaling option for all resolutions in the Intel Control Panel?

idata
Employee

I have a Razer Blade Laptop with an NVIDIA GTX765M and Intel Graphics 4600. Since I have the Intel graphics my options on the NVIDIA control panel are limited. The one option I need is display scaling for all resolutions. I understand that, with the Intel control panel, you can scale 4:3 resolutions to full screen but if i select this, for some reason the quality of the image decreases badly. Also, if I were to select 1280x960 resolution in the control panel scaled full screen, When I open a game full screen, the resolution of the game simply overrules the resolution I set on the desktop, even if it is just the same, hence black bars. Is there any way I can either get my full NVIDIA control panel, or find an option for global display scaling for all resolutions? This is so I can have a 1920x1080 desktop, then open a game in 1280x960 (Black Bars) and have that scaled full screen - without having to run windowed border-less. I know this would be possible in the NVIDIA control panel. And if I'm restricted to only the Intel one, how can I find that option?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello samellis99,

Could please let us know which operating system are you using?.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Windows 10, which ever version you get from the free upgrade

0 Kudos
JZuid
Novice

Hey Sam!

I'd assume you're trying to play CS:GO which is a game in which for AGES now it seems (Since I upgraded to Windows 10 in August!) I wasn't able to use a stretched resolution on my Optimus laptop (Intel + NVidia chips)

Just recently Intel's released an updated Graphics Driver that is said to fix our issues!

Check it out at this link, I'm currently downloading and will let you know if it fixes these issues - It should allow you to change scaling at any resolution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I've installed this update and still nothing has changed. In the control panel, there are no new options that I can find, and 4:3 resolutions do not default as they would on some systems. So I'm guessing this update doesn't fix the issue. Unless I'm missing something, then please let me know!

0 Kudos
JZuid
Novice

Same here Sam! Nothing changed for me either, I expected to have more options somewhere!

HOWEVER - I'd like some clarification on this from Amy_Intel or someone else from Intel

In the "Known Issues" tab of THIS post:

It says "Forced Application Scaling is disabled"

Is it THIS option (Forced Application Scaling is disabled) that we need to be able to force application scaling sizes at any resolution?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As it seems this update does not give us the option we want, yes, it would be nice for some clarification from someone from Intel as to weather this is the option we need and/or are getting in the future.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello SirZuidy,

Correct, that will be the option needed to force application scaling sizes at any resolution; however, this is a known issue and Intel is currently working in order to address this issue.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JZuid
Novice

Thank you very much for the response Amy! I look forward to the release of a driver where this option is re-enabled.

0 Kudos