Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21070 Discussions

Laptop sometimes doesn't recognise TV via HDMI

ANigg
Beginner

Hi everybody,

didn't find a solution in the Search, so maybe you can help me.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I connect the TV using a HDMI cable (already tried different cables). If I am doing this in a bad timing (e.g. during a small time-window while the Laptop is booting Windows, I don't get a signal on the TV. But if this happens, only deactivating and reactivating of the Intel grafics in device manager helps. No rebooting of the Laptop or TV helps. It also does not detect the TV at all in the configuration panel or Intel HD Graphics panel. Only TV switches from "No cable connection" to "No signal" when I plug in the cable.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

One K56-3O2, i7 4700MQ, Intel 4600 HD grafics

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

NVidia Geforce GTX 765

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

Samsung UE32J6250<td style="border: 0px; font-style: inherit; border-bottom-color: windowtext; border-right-color: windowtext; border-style: non...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Pygo,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Did this configuration work before or it never worked?

Please try installing our generic graphics driver for the Intel® HD Graphics 4600, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25588/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-28-4332- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7/8.1* [15.36.28.4332]

If that does not work, have you contacted your system manufacturer for further troubleshooting?

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
ANigg
Beginner

Hello Ivan,

I bought this TV on 20th of January and since then I have this Problem. But like I wrote in the problem discription it only occurs sometimes (lets say 25% of the cases I turn on my Laptop).

I installed the driver linked in your post several times and it's the one I am using actually. I also tried an older Version on the Intel hompage, a Version from the manufacturer-homepage of the laptop and the Version Windows Update installs on my PC. All versions have the same Problem.

My older Laptop with a NVIDIA only grafics card never has the problem to detect the TV.

Hope you have an idea on what I can do/provide more Information so we can fix this problem, cause it is really annoying to reactivate the grafics-adapter in device-Manager.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Alex

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

In this case if you have problems with our generic driver and your system manufacturer driver then you should contact you system manufacturer for further support to see if they have a solution for you.

Are you using any adapters? If yes, have you tried using straight connection?

0 Kudos