Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20684 Discussions

Latest drivers 3907 can't go full screen correctly

rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Hi, I have an i7-4700MQ and I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 in my notebook, with latest drivers 15.36.3.64.3907. Everything is working fine except one BUG I've discovered. Intel's GPU is Intel HD 4600.

When using player Media Player Classic Home Cinema (latest MPC-HC version with latest K-Lite codec MEGA pack), if I go full screen, the screen turns black for 1 second and the audio stops for 1 seconds too. Then, full screen mode works fine. After that, if I go back to windowed mode, that bug does not happen, and if I go full screen again, it does not happen. So it just happens the very first time I go full screen. BUT, when I close MPC-HC, it happens again, screen turns black for 1 seconds. It's like when you run a video game that has a different resolution. When you run the game, the screen does something like that, before initiate.

I know it's a BUG of this driver cause:

1. I have the very same version of MPC-HC and K-Lite codec MEGA pack installed in a W8.1 x64 PC, WXP x32 PC, WVista x32 PC, and it doesn't happen.

2. Before update the drivers, this didn't happen.

One curious thing is that this issue doesn't appear when using VLC 2.0.5 x64. When using VLC, if I go full screen, the change between the 2 modes is fine and flawless.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I am currently trying to replicate this matter. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Allan.

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for you patience.

I was trying to replicate this issue with and Intel® HD Graphics 4600 and also Intel® HD Graphics 5000 but I did not get same results.

Computer model: Dell XPS15

Test video drivers 3907

Windows 8.1.

Movie: Transformers Age of Extinction 1080p

Klite MPC-HC 10.7

I also was playing the movie with full screen mode while hitting key.

Allan.

rambomhtri
New Contributor II

That's weird. I have installed drivers 10.18.10.3907. I'm using Windows 8.1 x64. This is what MPC-HC reports:

MPC-HC (64-bit)

Build information:

Version: 1.7.6 (ebc29cf)

Compiler: MSVC 2013 Update 2

Build date: Jul 5 2014 09:16:52

LAV Filters:

LAV Splitter: 0.62.0.0

LAV Video: 0.62.0.0

LAV Audio: 0.62.0.0

FFmpeg compiler: MinGW-w64 GCC 4.8.3

Operating system:

Name: Windows NT 6.3 (build 9600)

Version: 6.3 (64-bit)

Hardware:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (driver version: 9.18.13.4411)

Driver version is wrong there, right? Shouldn't it show 10.18.10.3907?

I updated right now K-Lite Codec MEGA pack to version 10.7.5.

I'm pretty sure this problem started to appear after installing 3907 drivers.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information

Here is my report of MPC-HC x64

You may need to update your version and yes, the graphics driver version is incorrect.

Allan.

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

OK, thank you ALLAN, I downloaded the latest MPC-HC version (Nightly 253) and I RESET settings. Now it's fixed. May be I changed something I shouldn't had in the past, but If I did it, I don't remember.

Anyway, I'm still getting the GPU driver version wrong. Should I re-install Intel's latest drivers?

EDIT: OK, I'm sorry, that my nVIDIA's GT 755M's drivers version. It's weird because the report says Intel HD's, not nVIDIA's. Everything is solved, thanks!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I'm glad it has been addressed. That sounds so much better.

Allan.

0 Kudos