Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21319 Discussions

Latest drivers from Intel

idata
Employee

I noticed that today when I look for the latest drivers the driver version 2559 is gone and the older version 2509 is there. Did Intel take it off since there was a problem on that 2559 version? I know the drivers have long numbers but I just took the last 4 numbers since that's what tells what version you have.

Is Intel coming with a better driver or is the 2509 the best that's why they took out the 2559?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Oh I forgot I have Windows 7 Home 64 bit and I have Intel HD for my video card. I have the original Intel HD graphics card btw. Not the 2000 or 3000 series.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So basicly wat the 2559 a misstake driver meaning basicly they had to redo it and make a new driver? I only still see the 2509 so I can only assume that Intel made a misstake on that driver and needs to fix it so that's why they removed it. Or does anyone know why the 2559 is gone for all Intel HD graphics cards?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Those drivers say that they are for desktops but I have a laptop so I would think I need a laptop version of the 2559 if I wanted to use that version. Right now I been using the OEM drivers that I got from Sony but I thought maybe I should try the Intels drivers but as I said on the other thread I posted OEM drivers are customized and I don't know if they will work right with laptops.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Laptop or Desktop - both are using the same graphics unit based on Core i-x processors and therefore no need of special mobile drivers. If possible I always would prefer the newest generic Intel driver, often the OEM driver is outdated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Are OEM drivers just slower but they do update there drivers? Since I thought maybe Sony would keep testing there drivers and update them when they have made new improvements.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just don't know if anyone knows about OEM drivers much and if companies like Sony tests them and update there drivers when they have updates. I only know that OEM drivers are customized to work for laptops since I heard someone said that to me but I don't know much about them. I just wondered if Sony updates there video drivers but maybe slower since they test them on all Sony laptops. But I don't know of cource if this is true I just assume it is.

0 Kudos