Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Lost Intel Display Audio after 1809 Install

tstob
Novice

Windows 10 home 1809 17763.55, Samsung Notebook 9 - 7th gen Intel i7.

I have installed 25.20.100.6326 and same thing. Windows update immediately installs an older driver from 2016, then Samsung installs 23.20.16.5044 04/2018.

Under Device Installation Settings I have told it not to install drivers, doesn't seem to matter.

since the 256gb SSD is full I deleted the 1803 install.

I have an Image of 1803 to go back to if needed.

No audio when using HDMI at this point. Other than that, working well.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello uncle.tim,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

This is a known issue. A fix for these issues were included in the Intel® Graphics Driver version 24.20.100.6286. Before updating to Windows® 10 October 2018 Update, Intel recommends that all users with 6th Generation (codenamed Skylake) or newer processors confirm that Intel® Graphics Driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10 24.20.100.6286 or newer is installed on their computers before attempting to update to Windows® 10 October 2018 Update.

It is worth mentioning that the rollout of this Windows* 10 version has been paused.

Please refer to the following support web links below for more information.

1. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030792/graphics-drivers.html Action Needed Before Updating to Windows® 10 October 2018 Update

2. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history Known issues updating to Windows 10, version 1809

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
tstob
Novice

I already have 1809 installed. I have updated to the latest driver and still no Intel Display Audio.

Impossible for me to update first when 1809 is already installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello uncle.tim,

Thank you for your response.

In this scenario, the recommended step is to perform a Windows* System Restore to a point where the sound issues were not occurring. Then, please install the graphics driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10 25.20.100.6286 or newer.

Windows* 10 System Restore.
  1. Open Start.
  2. Type in Restore.
  3. Search for 'Create a Restore Point'.
  4. Click on 'System Restore'.
  5. Click on 'Next' after the initial Wizard screen.
  6. Select either 'Recommended' restore point or 'Choose a different restore point' if you have manually made previous backups.
  7. Select a restore point from the list of available options.
  8. Click on 'Next' to finish.

NOTE: These steps are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
tstob
Novice

I have no restore point. this happened when I upgraded to 1809 and I deleted 1803 since my SSD is very full now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello uncle.tim,

Based on further research, this problem can also be related to the Realtek HD Audio driver, try these steps below and let us know if it fixes this issue:

1. Open Device Manager > Select "other devices" > click on "Realtek HD audio" > Update driver.
  2. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
  3. Hit "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".
  4. Click on "Sound, video & Game devices" and then proceed as normal.
  5. Select "Realtek" from manufacturer > Install Driver Version "6.0.1.7950", Not the updated "6.0.1.8531"

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello uncle.tim,

Were you able to resolve this issue by following the steps provided above?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
tstob
Novice

That did not work, still.missing Intel Display audio, and also USB-C port is out.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I think it is very important to note that you should be using only the drivers from samsung for your notebook.

And, if 1809 is a problem, install or rollback to 1803.

Doc

0 Kudos
tstob
Novice

I deleted 1803 since my SSD was so full. I have an Image, but need to upgrade to larger SSD anyway. when I return from travel in November I will do a fresh install on a new SSD and Samsung drivers.

Thanks for all the help. would have been nice to get it working.

0 Kudos