What should be the latest driver on my Microsoft Surface 2 for my Intel HD 620 Vide adaptor be? Currently, I am running 22.214.171.12439 which even when I delete the driver and search online for a new driver this is what I get
I have 2 Samsung U28E590 connected via a Surface Dock 1661 via Mini DP to DP cables.
I have tried to update the driver which is currently 126.96.36.19939 which when I delete the drive and reinstall is the version I get again.
Intermittently when I turn on the laptop I will not get the 2 external monitors working, sometimes 1 sometimes one will work sometimes both will not.
I have changed over both the display cables for new ones.
When I get a display error and I check Display settings the 3 monitors will be there but with the 2 external monitors greyed out and in the Multiple Displays Window they are set to "disconnect this display". I have tried to reconnect the displays by Extending and Duplicating but this generally fails.
I have a Surface Pro 4 that connects to the Docking station and both monitors work perfectly on. So thru my process of elimination so far I am left with an issue with the Video Adaptor or the driver I think the latter.
I have looked on the Intel Web site and there are 2 possibilities for the update to the driver, the driver downloads as "18362_21.021.111109.0" (version Numbers 188.8.131.5216 or 184.108.40.20613) the former when I tried it advised me that this was not for my model computer?
Any other suggestions, please?
- I have 2 samsung
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
To better assist you, can you please provide the following reports and information:
Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)
- Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
- By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
- Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
- To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".
- Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
- On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
- On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
- Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.
-Intel® Graphics report
- With the graphics report, you don’t have to send both reports from both tools, just the one that you currently use (If applicable).
- When taking the graphics report make sure both monitors are connected (If applicable).
- You can use the option under the reply window to attach the reports and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).
- Did this configuration (System + Surface Dock 1661+ Mini DP to DP cable) work fine before? If yes, was there any recent change (Hardware/Software(OS update, driver update, or third party software)) related to the point when the issue started?
- Are you trying to have a three-monitor setup or just a dual monitor one excluding the laptop’s internal flat panel?
- Were you able to test both monitors separately or even the two of them, but instead of using the docking station by connecting them via a straight-through connection (e.g. HDMI-to-HDMI, DVI-to-DVI) with a single cable for each display?
- Did you make sure that the docking station that you use has the latest firmware?
There are two types of drivers for your computer the customized version from Microsoft and the generic version from our end, the customized version is the one that you can either get on Microsoft’s website or by just allowing Windows to automatically update it for you, our drivers, on the other hand, can only be obtained by either using our driver assistant or by downloading them from our website and since they are not customized you might need to install them in a different way; nonetheless, please reply as soon as possible so we can further advise.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Intel Technical Support Technician
We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.
Intel Customer Support Technician