Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20786 Discussions

MacBook Air and HD 4000 Black Screen (WIN 7)

DCapo1
Beginner

Hello,

I currently have a user with a BRAND NEW Macbook Air 13 inch who is having an issue where after the Windows 7 black screen where it says "Starting Windows", it will make the noise and go to a black screen forever.

A week or two ago, I updated the drivers and it fixed the issue, but this past weekend, the issues came back. The error in Device Manager for the HD 4000 is as follows: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

I do not want to have to continually install these drivers for this, but here is the kicker, we purchased 2 of these at the same time, and the other is not having this issue at all.

How can I go about fixing this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DCapo1
Beginner

Update: Make that two MacBook Air's having this issue. Brand new out of the box installed Windows 7 with BootCamp and issues since.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello David,

Please note that based on an agreement between Intel® and Apple and as per Apple's request, the support and warranty on Mac computers will be provided by Apple only.

At this point, I suggest you contacting the system manufacturer to get the support for your unit. Their contact information is the following:

800-694-7466

http://www.apple.com/ www.apple.com

Regards.

0 Kudos