Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Major Memory leak gta 5 everything latest (tried on fresh installation of everything)

splendid
Beginner
Gta 5 is freezing after 5 min due to memory leak causing by the 4 gb mentioned shared video memory on uhd 630.
My pc->
i3 8100 ,8gb ram ,500 gb hdd
Software-> Windows latest to date, intel dch driver latest, all dotnet services turned on, gta 5 latest(epic game installation, with all redistributable). There were no problem with any other things cause I reinstalled everything on another drive and same problem there also.

Gta 5 graphics logic can be fooled by fake 1gb dedicated memory lable but changing the registry with GMM entry does not adding fake memory. Pls atleast give some instructions on modification of registry to add fake dedicated vram. Or fix the driver asap.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
splendid
Beginner
Thanks for the information.

I actually fixed it to some extent.
It seems that the memory leak occurs in all of dx10, dx10.1 and dx11 mode but for dx11 mode the game(or windows) actually able to move old file in pagefile so if you play with atleast 16 gb pagefile, it will not freeze. There are microstutters when arriving to a new location but rather than that you don't have to worry. If you have SSD microstutters will not happen I think.
The ram leak is the most annoying bug and gta devs are not gonna fix this so it is your only choice if you experiencing ram leak and want to play gta online.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We have answered this question many times. Since switching over to the DCH driver model, Registry-based parameters are not supported. You cannot control memory reservation for graphics via the registry; it is only done dynamically.

From what I have heard (I am not a gamer), this is a memory allocation bug in the GTA5 game. It sees that 4GB could be allocated and then blindly does so, loading it full of texture data. Talk to the game developers about a fix for this ridiculously stupid bug.

...S

splendid
Beginner
Thanks for the information.

I actually fixed it to some extent.
It seems that the memory leak occurs in all of dx10, dx10.1 and dx11 mode but for dx11 mode the game(or windows) actually able to move old file in pagefile so if you play with atleast 16 gb pagefile, it will not freeze. There are microstutters when arriving to a new location but rather than that you don't have to worry. If you have SSD microstutters will not happen I think.
The ram leak is the most annoying bug and gta devs are not gonna fix this so it is your only choice if you experiencing ram leak and want to play gta online.
0 Kudos