Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Max resolution of DVI connector on HD 530/i7-6700K ?

idata
Employee

I have a 32" Samsung S32D850T. I was running an older i7 setup (about 5 years old) with a dedicated ATI graphics card that could drive the monitor at 2560 x 1440 out of the DVI connector.

Just got an ASRock Extreme4+ with a Core i7-6700K. The max resolution out of the DVI appears to be limited to 1080p.

I'm running Intel drivers: 15.40.20.4404

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

A little more digging shows the max resolution is 1080p for this board. But the HDMI output is capable of more which my old graphics card was not. So, I'm back to connecting to my monitor via HDMI.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Waterbaby:

Correct, page 36 of the PDF below indicates the max resolution over DVI (1920x1200 @ 60Hz)

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/desktop-6th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.html 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family Datasheet, Vol. 1

HDMI and DP would e available in page 42 and 43 of the same PDF:

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Esteban. Thanks for the reply. Hadn't logged in for a while.

All is fine with HDMI

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Waterbaby:

Good to know that this information helped you with this inquiry.

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos