Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Message won't go away

KDunl
Beginner

I keep getting a message in my upper left corner of the screen that says "Intel Driver & Support Assistant Up to dat" and the only way to get it to go away is to reboot the pc. Windows 10, Dell.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Since you have a Dell system, you should use the driver app that Dell provides.

Uninstall DSA from Windows Apps & Features, then run this DSA uninstaller

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller

And use only the tool validated for your system: Dell SupportAssist para PC

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/cr/es/crbsdt1/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/software-and-downloads/supportassist

0 Kudos
KDunl
Beginner

That's interesting since Dell or Intel installed that program. I did not. Why would it be automatically installed if there was an issue between Dell and Intel?

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

You have a Dell system, for sure it did not come from an Intel's facility. Either Dell or the vendor installed DSA, but surely it wasn't Intel.

So why did they install this DSA tool that only provides generic drivers from Intel website, is something to ask to Dell or your vendor.

But the most important question is, why would Dell install DSA if they have their own driver assistant/scanning tool?

Now, you've been given an easy recommendation to get rid of this annoying message and yet still having a driver scanning tool to keep your system up to date (using Dell´s tool which provides Dell´s drivers). It is your choice to try it or to keep dealing with that other non-Dell tool (DSA).

0 Kudos
KDunl
Beginner

Excuse me for asking a question about the only response from another customer. No need to get condescending. I've had this laptop for 4 years now. The vendor (Best Buy) did not install the Intell DSA. I did not instal the Intell DSA. I'm trying to understand why this got installed with automatic updates and if I remove it will it get reinstalled. I will NOT jump and make changes without understanding.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Intel did not install the program. If you do not want it, uninstall it.

Doc

0 Kudos