Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Monitor doesnt recognise on boot

MShus1
Beginner

Hello!

Previously I used my pc with two monitors connected directly to motherboard and everything worked fine using hdmi and vga.

Then, I installed gtx 570 into my computer and installed drivers And system worked with 2 monitors perfectly.

Now I removed graphics card and uninstalled drivers.

and issue is, windows only detects my first monitor which is connected via vga. second monitor is off. to turn it on I need to go to my intel hd graphics settings and press find(screenshot), and monitor turns on. after reboot my computer forgets monitor again. I tried reinstalling intel graphics, restoring default bios settings, it didnt help. I tried to boot in linux and it detects both monitors.

mobo: H110M PRO-VH

windows 10 64 bit

latest bios

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

"Restore from a system restore point" as described at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Otherwise check BIOS Settings / Advanced / Integrated Graphics Configuration / IGD Multi-Monitor.

0 Kudos
MShus1
Beginner

Hello! thank you for reply. recovery options were not working. they were grey, couldnt use them.. I reinstalled windows completely and issue persists.

I checked bios - I have IGD and other option (PEG i believe), but no IGD multi-monitor..

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

In the bottom part of the Intel Display Panel you have three options: Save Profile, Cancel and Apply. So, after you have pressed on Detect and the second display is detected, pres on Apply and then on Save Profile.

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos
MShus1
Beginner

Hello! thanks for reply. It didnt help me. after I rebooted, only 1 monitor was enabled, after i opened intel display panel and chose my profile.. intel stuff just crashed. i tested that scenario multiple times, it does it all the time.

0 Kudos
MShus1
Beginner

bump

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mshustov

I was checking on your case, could you provide us with the following information:

Can you provide us with the Dxdiag report following these steps?
  1. Use the win logo key +R
  2. Type DxDiag then "OK"
  3. Use the "save all the information" option
  4. Save the file to your desktop
  5. Please attach the .txt file to the thread
Could you describe the video connection that you have? Type of cables, adapters (if there are any)

What are the models of the displays?

What is the BIOS version installed on the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mshustov

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos