Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20947 Discussions

Multiple monitors

Vinnie74
Beginner
Goodmorning...
I want to connect another monitor to my laptop Acer aspire es1...but it has only 1 hdmi port. I already tried a hdmi splitter...but that doesnt work..because it shows the same picture on both monitors...and i want to expand my desktop. My acer had an Intel hd graphics 520 video card. What am i doing wrong?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Contact Acer and ask them what video ports their laptop provides.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Vinnie74,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having display issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 520, I will be happy to help you.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

After looking at the specs for this laptop, the only way that you are going to be able to connect a second external monitor to this laptop is if you use a USB-based graphics adapter. Here are some examples:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos