Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20810 Discussions

N100 loses HDMI connection when changing refresh rate

crawfish
Beginner

I have a Beelink S12 Pro N100 mini PC running fully updated Windows 11 Pro. Up to and including driver gfx_win_101.5333.exe, it had been working perfectly. I use Kodi and have it match refresh rates, and that worked fine. However, drivers gfx_win_101.5382.exe and gfx_win_101.5448.exe have been causing my Sony A80J TV to lose signal whenever Kodi changes to a 1080p24 resolution when playing video. This happens every time. That made me think it could be a Kodi problem, but it isn't. I've observed the same thing when Kodi is not running by using use the Windows Display control panel to change refresh rate. It doesn't happen every time when using the control panel, but it does happen maybe 20% of the time. I can recover by sleeping and waking the computer, but unplugging the HDMI cable  and plugging it back in doesn't help. I've corrected the problem by restoring a system image to revert to driver 101.5333, the last good driver.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello crawfish,

To assist us in resolving the issue you've encountered, could you provide some additional details? Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated:

1. Does the problem occur at a particular refresh rate, or is it more widespread?

2. Have you noticed this issue on both HDMI ports of your computer?

3. Have you had the opportunity to test with a different HDMI cable?

4. It would be beneficial if you could share the Intel® System Support Utility Logs from your computer. This information will allow us to thoroughly examine your system's configuration. You can attach the logs directly to this discussion thread.

5. If possible, do you have access to an alternative monitor to determine whether the issue is specific to the current monitor?

To further troubleshoot this issue, try using our latest graphics driver version 31.0.101.5522 and let us know the outcome. Your prompt response will enable us to delve deeper into the matter and work towards a solution. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

I understand that you haven't changed anything on your devices except the graphics driver. If the problem occurs again, please try to test the influence of the HDMI connection. Signals are not only sent from the MINI S12 Pro to the TV but also vice versa.

Sony A80J:

MUC_0-1716329676345.png

It would be interesting to see whether the behavior changes if other information from the Sony TV is fed to the Intel graphics. This can be influenced in two ways:

1. If it is not already the case, connect the MINI S12 Pro to HDMI port #1 or #2 on the TV.

2. If the MINI S12 Pro needs to be connected to HDMI port #3 or #4, change the HDMI signal format within the TV settings to "Enhanced Format" without attributes. This then signals to the input source that only TMDS connections are supported.

Background to my comment: I have also noticed problems with 24 Hz when the TV is set to 4K120, 8K or VRR (FRL signal modes).

Excerpt from the operating instructions:

MUC_2-1716329944788.png

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello crawfish,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos