Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

NUC12 and 3 monitors

christophe1
Beginner

I have connected 3 monitors, (2 HDMI, 1 USB-C) to my NUC12 device.  It only works until I reboot when only 2 monitors are active.  I tried changing cables, updating driver / bios etc to no avail.

This is the one thing that makes it work at least till the next reboot.

I go to the Intel Graphics command center, select Display, then the monitor that does not work , and toggle disable / enable.

It is very cumbersome to have to do that every time.   Is there a more permanent fix to this issue.

Thanks

Christophe 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Which NUC 12 would that be?   Provide complete model number.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello christophe1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® NUC 12 Pro Kit NUC12WSKi7, I will be glad to assist you.

Please provide the following information:

• What is the model of the three monitors connected to the NUC?
  • Is the issue happening always to the same monitor connected to the same port, or it varies?
  • Did the issue start after any hardware change or driver/OS update?

As well, perform a clean installation of the latest graphics driver for your NUC 31.0.101.1999 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/739790/intel-graphics-dch-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-and-windows-11-for-intel-nuc12ws-products.html)

Make sure to follow the clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
christophe1
Beginner

Hi Steven, thank you for your reply.

• What is the model of the three monitors connected to the NUC?

Samsung U28E850

ASUS VN289

Lenovo T27P

• Is the issue happening always to the same monitor connected to the same port, or it varies?

Always the same Display (U28E850) .  I have tried to use the USB-C / Thunderbird  and HDMI.  Same result

• Did the issue start after any hardware change or driver/OS update?

Nope

As well, perform a clean installation of the latest graphics driver for your NUC 31.0.101.1999 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/739790/intel-graphics-dch-driver-for-windows-10-64-...)

I did this during my initial install last week.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

Please provide the following information:

• While the monitors are connected to your NUC, please provide the graphics report by following these steps:

On Windows, look for the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Go to Support > Click on System Diagnostic > Click on Generate report > Save the report as a .txt file and attach it to your reply.

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
christophe1
Beginner

See attached.

The problem has not occurred in the last 2 days. Let's keep my finger crossed as I have not made any changes

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information and the update.

Please let us know if the issue comes back.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you experienced any more issues with the NUC.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
christophe1
Beginner

It looks like it is working now w/o any issue

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for confirming the issue is now solved.

As for now, we will proceed to close this thread. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
christophe1
Beginner

The problem is back after a small power outage (the NUC12) was on a UPS though.

One of the monitors  (Lenovo T27p)  is not detected anymore .  The monitor is fine as I checked using the same cable with another PC.

If I go to the Intel Graphics command center, select Display,  unlike before, the LEnovo monitor does not appear there.

0 Kudos
christophe1
Beginner

SSU output.    Display section looks suspicious

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
  1. If you plug in just Monitor 1, does it work consistently?
  2. If you unplug Monitor 1 and plug in Monitor 2 (in its connector, not Monitor 1's), does it work consistently?
  3. If you unplug Monitor 2 and plug in Monitor 3 (in its connector, not Monitor 1's or Monitor 2's), does it work consistently?

If the answer to all three questions is not Yes, then there is/are adaptor/dongle/cable issue(s).

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
christophe1
Beginner

Scott,

It is not a monitor or cable issue.  Each work fine individually.  Up to any 2 . but not 3.   It used to work fine, but now Monitor #3 is not even detected by the intel utility.

0 Kudos