Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20972 Discussions

Need more scaling options

asabovesobelow

Can we have more scaling options in here?

It shows it has only "aspect ratio" but i need "display scaling" or "scaling on gpu" can you add more options?

I use samsung g50a monitor

0 Kudos
12 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @asabovesobelow

Welcome to the Intel® community forums. We're genuinely delighted to have the opportunity to assist you with your concern.

In earlier versions of the Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC), there were certain scaling options available. However, this has been addressed by introducing the "Custom" Scaling option, as demonstrated in the following article:

Scale Options Are No Longer Available After Updating the Intel® Graphics Command Center

Moreover, within your current IGCC version, you might find two available options: 'Maintain Display Scaling' and 'Custom'. In the event that these options aren't visible, I recommend referring to this article for further insights:

Custom Scaling Option in Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) is Missing

Check the attached picture.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow

There's no "DISPLAY scaling" there's only "ASPECT ratio" i also bought notebook yesterday and there's only aspect ratio aswell as on my PC, no DISPLAY scaling...

And the screenshot you provided also shows it has ASPECT ratio and not DISPLAY... srsly?

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @asabovesobelow

Thank you for your prompt response.

We sincerely regret any confusion that may have arisen. Your observation is accurate and aligns with the available options. To address this, I am committed to conducting an in-depth investigation. This entails researching potential solutions, as well as determining the accuracy of our existing articles. It is plausible that certain articles may have become outdated, contributing to the situation. I am committed to verifying this aspect as well.

Prior to proceeding, in order to ensure a comprehensive investigation, I kindly request some specific information regarding your system. This will aid in validating the data during the research process. Kindly provide us with the following details:

Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @asabovesobelow

Thank you for your prompt response.

Thank you for submitting the SSU report. We have reviewed it thoroughly. However, to proceed with our investigation, we kindly request the IGCC report as well:

·        Follow these steps to generate an Intel® Graphics Driver report for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

Once we receive the IGCC report, we can delve deeper into our analysis. Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Greetings, @asabovesobelow,

I sincerely appreciate the information you've shared.

Rest assured; I am already in the process of thoroughly investigating the matter from within. Expect a swift follow-up with comprehensive insights shortly.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Based on our investigative efforts, we conducted a comprehensive lab experiment aimed at replicating the reported issue. The steps we followed in our endeavor are as follows:

·        Checked the settings on a laptop with an external monitor and we were able to change the scaling of the second screen using the IGCC version 1.100.5131.0 so we were unable to replicate it. We can choose the Maintain Display Scaling option.

·        Our test was on UHD 620 8th gen processor.

Presently, we are in the process of initiating another lab investigation with the specific objective of assessing the occurrence of the issue. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we are fully committed to providing you with transparent updates on the progress and outcomes of this endeavor. Rest assured; we will keep you promptly informed of any developments in this regard.

However, in order to proceed effectively, we kindly request some additional information from your end. Furthermore, we are eager to offer you a comprehensive set of troubleshooting steps aimed at resolving the issue. Please, check if the display has its own scaling options so he changes from the display menu instead of IGCC.

Also let us know the following:

·        Can you test a different display/TV?

·        Can you try to lower the resolution to see if it fits on the screen?

·        For testing, can you Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta) let us know if you can see the option there? this is a BETA version so; this could be removed at any time.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow

Please, check if the display has its own scaling options so he changes from the display menu instead of IGCC.

It does not have its own scaling options, but there's a grey option called "screen adjusment" and i can't chose there anything because it is greyed out until i turn off the adaptive-sync on the menu then it activates and i can choose some "screen sizes" 21.5" or 19" and ratios like 16:10 or 4:3, i don't know what this for and not sure if it is has something about scaling...

I have one more monitor AOC 24p2q there's the same thing, it shows aspect ratio.

With beta IGCC it shows display scaling

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the helpful information. We want to let you know that we've requested a lab, and we'll get back to you with more updates once we have the results.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your patience.

We have completed a comprehensive series of laboratory tests, and we would like to share the findings with you:

·        The observed issue could potentially be associated with the specific display or the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) configuration of your system.

·        Notably, diverse laboratory tests were executed using a range of distinct systems. Regrettably, we were unable to replicate the reported issue in any of these test environments.

In this instance, our recommendation is to reach out to the original equipment manufacturer for further assistance. We have thoroughly explored our resources in an attempt to reproduce this issue across various laboratory environments, and unfortunately, our efforts have been exhausted without success. Please consider seeking guidance from the manufacturer to proceed with resolving this matter.

We will proceed to close this thread.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow

Notably, diverse laboratory tests were executed using a range of distinct systems. Regrettably, we were unable to replicate the reported issue in any of these test environments.

But what about screenshot that you provided in your first massage? Isn't that the same problem? How did you not find the problem if it is on your screenshot?🤣

By the way it shows Maintain Display Scaling in the control panel now (not in the beta)...

But i'm not sure the image on the monitor look as it should be with "display scaling", because i have NVIDIA card and this monitor looking different there.

0 Kudos