Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

New Dell computer i7 intel graphics card not responding

gboyd1
Beginner

My brand new dell computer

i7-6700hq cpu @ 2.6ghz

display driver intel HD graphics 530

I keep getting an intermittent error message " Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I'm running windows 10 and I have been googling ideas for 2 days and removing my intel video card driver and rebooting then installing different drivers however I keep getting this same message. The computer is only a week old. I have run out of ideas of what to try, please help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I would recommend removing any Intel(R) Graphics Driver from control panel and try installing the latest beta video drivers available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Allan.

0 Kudos
RSpro
Beginner

Not solving this driver bug that is also occurring with these beta drivers and HD 520.

I recommend to Intel: Develop a bug fix, cause our company has purchases NEW laptops and they're all having this issue, also with the latest beta drivers.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

This issue has been escalated to the appropriate product support engineer for further investigation. Due to the nature of this escalation, we do not expect an immediate resolution. Any updates will be posted on the driver release notes.

Allan.

0 Kudos