Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20655 Discussions

New laptop and screen goes blank every few days even when graphics drivers are up to date

shinny
Beginner

So I'm very disappointed after spending a lot of money on my MSI Crosshair laptop. I've only had it for about 8 months and I've nothing but problems with it. After 2 months, I had to bring it to repair shop and had to wait 3 weeks to get it back. I was told it was something to do with outdated drivers. Now I have more problems with it, which is going to require me bringing it back to be repaired again. I wish to God I had not bought this laptop so much.

The laptop screen goes black - and the keys are still lit up and it's still running - and if I am playing a game, I can even hear the sounds on the game, but the display has gone black. I managed to get another monitor and connected it to my laptop and I can see everything perfectly on the extra monitor, but my laptop screen is completely black. I have made sure all my intel graphics drivers are completely up to date and my monitor and display driver up to date. Every single day, I have to install an intel graphics driver update. 

This laptop is an absolute mess and a horrible waste of money.  Only 8 months with this laptop and I've had nothing but problems. My last pc I had, lasted me 7 years and it was cheaper and I had no problems with it.

Would anyone be able to help me with this issue. I feel so incredibly down over it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

Are you telling MSI about THEIR laptop?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos