Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

No audio through HDMI output on intel igpu.

TPenn3
Beginner

My videocard only has one hdmi output and i'm trying to get uncompressed 5.1 audio in windows 10 by running an HDMI 2.0 cable from my AMD Vega 56 HDMI out to my TV, and an HDMI 2.0 cable from my on board Intel IGPU to my receiver (Sony STR-DH790) . I enabled the IGPU in my bios and was sure to install the latest drivers. Unfortunately, I can only get a video signal out of the intel hdmi out. Windows is showing two different displays in the display settings, but only audio from my Vega 56 HDMI out in the sound devices. I'm using an msi z270 pro carbon motherboard with a 7700 k and 16 gb of pc 3200 ram. I'm running the latest version of windows 10. I've attached a screenshot at the bottom of this post.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TPenn3

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Have you tested the system without the AMD* graphics card to confirm that you can have Video and audio from the Motherboard HDMI® port?

For the set up that you want (Intel® HD graphics 630 for the audio and discrete card for the video) is important confirming with MSI* if this particular set up can be done using the hybrid graphics of the system. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.                        

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
TPenn3
Beginner

I haven't, but even if that worked it would be no use to me because I need my graphics card for gaming, I get the feeling that Intel doesn't like that i'm hooked up to a receiver. It's passing video, but is deciding not to pass audio. The only thing I can find similar to my problem is from a windows forum where some people are also having issues passing audio when the video works just fine. I will check with MSI though about my particular setup:

https://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/108870-force-intel-hdmi-audio-output-possible.html

0 Kudos
TPenn3
Beginner

So I tried going through my receiver with my graphics card plugged in, no audio. I tried hooking it up directly to my tv and got no audio.

according to device manager my intel audio isn’t plugged in. That obviously isn’t true because the display is working. Here’s a screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/pB7hS4M.png

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TPenn3

Thank you for the updates on your case.

I would like to confirm the testing on the system with the display connected on a straight connection (no adapters or receivers in between) in order to confirm if the Intel® GPU works with video and audio.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
TPenn3
Beginner

So I actually fixed the issue. What I needed to do was go into the bios and set my igpu as the main boot device. Now my main display wont actually show up until it boots into windows, but at least I get audio from the HDMI output now.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TPenn3

I am glad to hear that you have your set up working.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos