Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Not Compatible Driver

KomalHari
Beginner

Hello, 

I have a notebook that contains 5th generation Intel Core Processor (I7-5600U) which have integrated graphics (Intel HD 5500). 

I was using the latest driver of this graphics. However, there is no any updates relating to compatibility fixes on this driver.  

There are two drivers available on the download page. 

1) Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40] {Stable One}

Latest version: 15.40.48.5171

2) Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40].  {Beta One}

Latest version: 15.40.26.4474

The first thing to notice is  Beta driver is old than Stable driver. I don't know why it still exists in the download page. 

But, the main thing is:

Stable drivers only contain security updates in each and every updates which makes no fun to download the driver.  There should be compatibility fix for some Adobe Software (like; Adobe Premiere which is not compatible in this driver).  

This is not good for them and for the nature too as they have to buy new one and throw their old device which concentrate the environment. 

There are still millions of users using below 6th gen chips  and thousand of editors in current days.  I know all are moving to new only but it's in slow manner.  

Every people can't afford all the standards.

At least, the beta driver should get updated and built compatible for many software. This will increase the dependency of people towards old hardware. 

Else the DCH driver should be made to include all the processors or from 1st  to 5th generation or  from 1st to 5th separate DCH driver should be made. 

This is all my opinion. 

Edit: Thank you for reading this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_G_Intel

Hello KomalHari

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. The Intel® Core™ i7-5600U Processor and most products with Intel® HD Graphics 5500 have been discontinued, the latest driver available for now is 15.40.48.5171.

Some Adobe* products require Intel® 6th Gen processors or newer so we recommend checking directly with their support, to confirm requirements and for support.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos