Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21227 Discussions

Not-Working DVI and HDMI on 4600?

IMilo
Novice

Hi,

Driver issue with new ASUS Z87 PRO mainboard and new CPU i5 4570 (1150).

I connected PC with DVI-D (single link) to not that old (3 years) monitor SAMSUNG XL2270HD.

With clean install both Windows 7 x64 (professional and enterprise) generic windows driver work perfect with DVI connection.

After installing MEI and chipset drivers, restart in both cases, start installing graphical Intel HD 4600 driver  

_ v9.18.10.3186

Connection was still on DVI-D (single link). After restart, only thing that I was able to see is Windows post boot screen. Picture was gone when entering Windows.

Connect VGA cable, and have what to see, Windows log on.

I have try all driver version there is, 10.18.10.3262, 10.18.10.3304,9.18.10.3234, but nothing works for me.

Now I install latest version 15.33.8.64.3345 (10.18.10.3345), but issue is still present.

Interesting to observe is that I have tried DVI-D (dual link), still no progress.

Also, when you install new driver (any version) on clean Windows and go to restart, picture automatically switch to VGA (like it is default), and there is no DVI or Display port or HDMI available for monitor or for extend or duplicate monitors.

BUT

When you override installation of graphical driver, after entering to Windows with VGA (same version to previous installation before restart) connectors DVI and DP start working (no restart after installation), and you can switch to those. (Same workaround as disable or enable in device manager)

The soon as you go for restart, DVI, DP, and HDMI are goes dead.

I hope Intel can came with some solution for solving driver problem.

Best regard to you alI

p.s. I will send dxdiag, as soon as I will get home.

Cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IMilo
Novice

Please, find attachment in which are Dxdiag when DVI is not working and after override installation without restart when DVI is working.

Also, there are print screens of graphic properties where is clearly visible duplication of monitors to DVI port.

Please, be so kind to answer me with any information.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Did you try updating the computer BIOS? Sometimes updating BIOS on the computer will interact with graphics video BIOS and video configuration resets to factory settings.

Check later BIOS here:

http://www.asus.com/support/ http://www.asus.com/support/

Allan.

0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

Hello Allan,

Yes, my main-board come with BIOS that I on first assembly updated. But also two days ago, I downloaded newest version, but problem still persist.

No meters what I do, DVI, HDMI, and DP are not working after restart Windows. Only VGA.

Only solution that I find so far is to after entering Windows is to override installation of drivers and display connectors are in operational mode. Until next restart.
0 Kudos