Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20724 Discussions

On Win 10 "Scale Full Screen" option doesn't remains selected

DCat
Beginner

Hello,

same driver and same hardware (I attach my SSU result). On a Win7 image we select "Scale Full Screen" on Intel HD graphics config tool, we launch our 4:3 aspect ratio soft and it works perfectly, scaling to full screen ok. We stop and launch again our soft and perfect, we reboot and launch again and perfect.

On a Win10 image we select "Scale Full Screen" on Intel HD graphics config tool, we launch our 4:3 soft and it appears small and centered. However we can then go to Intel HD graphics config tool and select "Scale Full Screen" again, and it woks perfectly, fully scaled! But after closing our soft and new launch, it appears small and centered again, every new launch is small and centered, and of course we can't not change settings after every launch or reboot.

It seems that driver, and only on Win10, doesn't stores that the "Scale Full Screen" option has been selected.

I also remember on old driver versions an "Override Application Settings" option, where is it? However on same driver version, but on Win7, this option is also missing but it keeps the "Scale full screen" option properly selected...

It's quite urgent as we would like to use this motherboard as our main commercial hardware for POS, Digital Signage and gambling machine. We have no problems with Win7 but we would like to use Win10 for lower License costs. The only thing wrong for us is this Scale problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dev00cat,

I am sorry for the delay. I would like to let you know that we are still researching regarding your case.

We will definitely let you know once we have another troubleshooting step to perform in your case.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
DCat
Beginner

Hi Antony S,

I honestly do not think that you are trying to solve this problem.

We just need a new driver for Win10 because as I told you many times, if I test my App on exactly the same hardware, same driver version, same "Maintain Display Scaling" option selected, on Win7 everything works perfectly, scaling to full screen without any issue. I do the same, I repeat, same hardware, same driver version and same display options on Win10, and it doesn't scale to full screen, it appears small and centered.

Why on Win7 everything works properly and not on Win10? what changes are on you driver between Win7 and Win10? It's jut this.

And JFYI, we are buyin about 1000 motherboards yearly, still Intel right now...

Jordi S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, dev00cat.

Thank you very much for your patience. We were recreating your issue at our labs and doing some tests.

In order to recreate your situation, we used the Intel® Graphics Drivers 15.33.46.4885 version.

Allow me to share with you the steps we took to reproduce your issue:

1. Launch the "Intel SFS" application, the resolution will change to 640x840 but centered and with black borders due to the resolution change

2. Open the CUI -> Go to display

3. Click Scale Full Screen

The results of this test were that the resolution will change to fit the screen while using application. When restarting the computer, those settings will be saved when opening the application again, it is scaled to the full screen.

Please let me know if we missed something on the steps listed above.

If you do not mind, can you try installing 4885 version?

Click https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27417/a08/win64_15.33.46.4885.zip here in order to download the 4885 drivers version and, in order to complete the installation you can follow these steps:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
DCat
Beginner

Hello Antony,

I did everything you suggest, uninstall & install these new drivers, etc. No way.

I think you are doing the tests not on J1900 cpu, like me, isn't it? Just do it and you will see that "Scale to Full Screen" option doen't exists on the CUI, just "Maintain Display Scaling". On Win7 "Scale to Full Screen" exists (also "Override Aplication Settings") but not on Win10, I dont' know why.

However, if I select "Maintain Display Scaling" it changes the screen to Full Screen mode, BUT this option doens't remain selected on next IntelSFS launch or reboot.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, dev00cat.

Thank you very much for your reply and sharing the results with the Community.

Allow me to perform a deeper research regarding this issue in order to provide with any other possible solution.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello dev00cat

We have been trying to reproduce this issue for debugging, even with the Intel® Celeron® Processor J1900, yet there must be something else in the configuration that prevents us from seeing this behavior.

Braswell, Cherry Trail and Bay Trail GPUs do have a limited Display Scaler, so addressing this kind of situations is on itself tricky from system to system.

I'm closing this bug report from our side as we cannot dedicate further resources to it.

I'm opening a report with your motherboard manufacturer (as per SSU report you attached before it is ASRock) to check if they can debug further. I'll post here when I get a reply.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos