Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

On going problem with C&C: Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge

idata
Employee

Very annoying problem...I first had a H67 board with HD 2000 and game didn't work and now I tried runing it with the Intel HD 3000 chip and it doesn't work either (same exact problem), I get to the menu and no animation, problems with the menu itself, in short, you can't play the game. I also tried running it through Lucid as the dedicated graphics card runs the game no problem, I get a DDRAW.dll error 80004005. Only way to play the game is connection the monitor to the dedicated graphics card...VERY annoying. I looked this problem on google and found out people who have Intel HD graphics on their laptops got it to work by setting the power settings in the IGP control panel to "High Performance" but that option obviously does not exist on the desktop machines. It's very ironic that it does work on undergraded IGP on laptops and not on the IGP HD2000/3000.

Please fix your drivers Intel.

0 Kudos
52 Replies
idata
Employee

Having menu problem with my switchable graphics notebook(ati 6770m + intel hd). menu is invisible with both adapters. tried everything written above and more but still fail.

hope you can bring a solution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guys

Same Problem Here.

Just got a brand new HP Pavilion DV6 with I7 Core with the intel HD 3000 and a Radeon GPU but no RA2 or Yuri.

Tiberian Sun and Firestorm have the same problem.

No Buttons on the start up screen.Have done al that was written here but no luck.

Please help Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

FOR GOD SAKE ! Why isn't it solved yet? A year to get something a 10 years old game to work is way too much!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nailed it!!! change your color settings true color 32 bit to high color 16 bit.

Open game in windowed mode, create a shortcut to game and add -win

"C:\oyun\Red Alert 2\RA2MD.exe" -win

that solved my menu problem.

If it works for you too plz reply your experiences so our fellow comrades can fight for Soviet Union once again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

but changing to 16bit is not feasible...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

screen resolution --> advanced settngs --> monitor --> colors

was quite feasible for me

game is 16bit so you can not make it work as 32bit

tried 3 games so far no problem met except some 0.5sec lags happens in 4-5 mins.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Tried this with C&C: Tiberian Sun, it works.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Does it make sense to you to force windows to work in 16-bit mode ALL because of this 1 game? No.

And play in windowed mode is nuts. It's just bad.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Good news, that bug seems to be fixed. I installed the 8.15.10.2752 and I have the menu without any tweak (create a new screen...).

I think you can try to get this driver with windows update or you can grab them here :

- http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2012/05/20483805_663cd779d8d5bd49f3ffc70e6995617f33a2698a.cab x64 or http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2012/05/20483804_ff2af2792f7554ebb3a1af1b4a368c754b5da258.cab x86 For Windows Vista and 7, for SandyBridge and IvyBridge

Thank you, Intel for your support

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

At last, I will install soon to confirm.

Hehe... I can't believe I opened this thready like almost a year ago ? But I knew it'd draw people's attention. The Red Alert series of games is such an awesome piece you can't neglect it just like that.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok. Looks like Yuri is fixed. Although the menu doesn't extend all over the screen it's working perfectly in-game.

Red Alert 2 seem to have a new problem, or at least it's half working now. Game boots, Westwood's logo video doesn't work but can be heard and then you get a black screen with just a cursor. Maybe some compatibility mode will help fix it, post if you got it to work.

Edit:

Apparently, I had 2 virtual monitors because when testing the new drivers I connected my monitor to the onboard gpu but left the discrete connected so it virtually created two monitors. It made the game boot without errors but all I got was a black screen and a cursor so no good anyway (it does however relate to the "fix" someone found using virtual extended display). After leaving just the onboard connected I get a ddraw error which I didn't get with the discrete gpu so again it's a driver thing. I tried the compatibility options but none of that worked.

Almost there Intel!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

adi518: I have a "fake" Westwood logo which is only 84 bytes, with it I skip the logo at the boot: http://www.filedropper.com/eawwlogo http://www.filedropper.com/eawwlogo

I don't have any DDRAW error, my config:

- Intel HD 3000 with 8.15.10.2752 drivers

- nVidia GT525M with optimus (RA2 is running on HD3000)

- DirectX 11 on Windows 7

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I mean Red Alert 2, not Yuri. Yuri works perfectly. The problem is with Red Alert 2.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, there's a fix for whoever encounters the ddraw error. Apparently, someone from Xwis forums released a patch (proper patch since 2000) that fixes things in the exe files of both Ra2 and Yuri. Patch is completely fresh new! (February 2012).

Now both Yuri & Red Alert 2 work perfectly on Intel's HD3000 AND probably HD2000. Intel could still try and fix the ddraw error but this patch which fixes the exe files also do the job.

Get the patch here:

http://strike-team.net/forums/index.php/topic/172317-ra2-yr-optimizer-v13/ RA2 &# 38; YR Optimizer v1.3 - XWIS General Discussion - Strike Team - XWIS Forums

Not only does it fix the game, it also improves performance!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

is the patch for the original C&C: Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge or for the version in the command&conquer first decade set?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi....... Try this one

try to run the game at compatibility mode

Right click on the game's shortcut -> properties -> Compatibility

tick: run in compatibility with

and choose Win XP SP3

also run it as admin

if it works reply to me by email to mailto:fauzihadianto@yahoo.com fauzihadianto@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have an hp pavilion dv7 with second generation i5-2430M 2.4ghz. windows 7 64 bit home premium.can u please post the exact latest drivers for my graphics (intel hd 3000) i cant update mine its very annoying

0 Kudos