Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

On going problem with C&C: Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge

idata
Employee

Very annoying problem...I first had a H67 board with HD 2000 and game didn't work and now I tried runing it with the Intel HD 3000 chip and it doesn't work either (same exact problem), I get to the menu and no animation, problems with the menu itself, in short, you can't play the game. I also tried running it through Lucid as the dedicated graphics card runs the game no problem, I get a DDRAW.dll error 80004005. Only way to play the game is connection the monitor to the dedicated graphics card...VERY annoying. I looked this problem on google and found out people who have Intel HD graphics on their laptops got it to work by setting the power settings in the IGP control panel to "High Performance" but that option obviously does not exist on the desktop machines. It's very ironic that it does work on undergraded IGP on laptops and not on the IGP HD2000/3000.

Please fix your drivers Intel.

0 Kudos
52 Replies
idata
Employee

yuri's revenge seems to be running good but it hangs alot like 5/10 times it gets stuck, the game freezes and i have to close it from task manager

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It doesn't matter. It only patches/replaces the RA2/Yuri exes. I have the game installed from TFD dvd and it works.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 with Nvidia GeForce and Intel 3000 graphics. I have tried these driver updates and they have not worked. I tried the previous suggested solutions to no avail. RA2 still starts up with no video then shows half of where the menu should be and does not refresh. It does not work in the game either. I have updated all my Dell drivers and my laptop is only 3 months old from new. Any more ideas? Surely it cant be this difficult!!!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try the power settings tweak. Change it to performance mode.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I have tried all the previous mentioned 'fixes' for this problem. This includes performance settings, dual screens etc and none have worked

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This solution worked for me! Now I have no issues with the game at all! Works great! Thanks Intel! =D

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same here

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Come on. Fix it already guys!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This here is an exact way to fix the issue. Follow all these steps closely to fix the issue, i had the same issue and with only 5 minutes of actually "googling" the issue i found a fix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFO1fEhoPDY yuri&# 39;s revenge black screen fix - YouTube

It's easy when you use Google

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks but someone suggested this earlier in the post and it doesnt work for all - including me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

problem won't be solved, Intel(R) HD 3000 is not made for games just like any other integrated GPU.

0 Kudos