Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

OpenGL Direct State Access not supported by HD Graphics 3000/4000 - Haswell?

STeaz
Beginner

Our Flight Simulator Application requires OpenGL Direct State Access extensions function support. OpenGL Direct State Access extensions are not supported by Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge HD Graphics 3000/4000.

Will OpenGL Direct State Access extensions be supported by the Haswell Integrated Graphics solution?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ timcesq, The decision on adding this OGL feature to the HD 2500/3000 (Ivybridge) drivers is still under review. As soon as a decision has been made I will post an update to this thread.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
NN_a2
Beginner

So, another six months come to pass (2 years and a half since the original question), and the DECISION about implementing a software feature, implementation of which would take a half-decent Software Engineering student about a month, is still in the making.

Seriously, though, it's long past since it's stopped being funny. It's ridiculous now.

I'm tempted to ask this meta-question to the previously asked question: when will we learn about the decision on implementing this piece of software, which will -in effect- promptly make us ask when will the implementation take place? I know it's very easy to use the marketing department to sweet-talk someone, but after more than 2 years we are, I believe, justified to the an honest answer instead of the marketing department's BS.

0 Kudos