Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

OpenGL graphics problem

idata
Employee

I have developed a mobile application that will be deployed on Panasonic Toughbooks. I have an older Toughbook with the 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller. The application uses a third-party mapping component that uses OpenGL for fast rendering. This works fine in my test computer as well as some others that we are deploying to. The problem is that it does not work on some of the newer computers that use the 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset. I assumed that this was a new chipset and it has a newer driver. I get gray lines surrounding the map tiles. The developers of the mapping software told me that they use GL_Clamp and GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE in their component. I am curious why this works on what I would consider and older chipset and not on the new one. I think it is a driver issue because after a windows update on some computers it seems to stop working. Any insight would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies