Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Performance issues in intel iris xe

Rahul991
Beginner

I'm using Acer Aspire 5 with intel i5 11gen processor having integrated intel iris xe graphics. I play valorant a lot and was enjoying the game for a while now. Recently I started facing unexpected fps drops and it occurs frequently. Today while playing my screen was frozen for a few seconds and later it showed graphics driver crashed. 

I have the intel support assistant installed and my graphics driver is up to date running version 30.0.101.1994 . I play my game in 720p resolution with the lowest graphics possible. I don't run any other apps in background and this is the only game I have installed on my laptop. I even tried clearing my disk and ram but I don't understand what the issue is. Please resolve this.

Thank You.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Rahul991

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please review the following suggestions to see if this helps with the behavior:

1- As per the Riot Games* website, regarding the "Hardware Requirements" there are different levels of recommended specs depending on the performance you would like to achieve. Please review that you meet the recommended specs for the desired gaming experience. Also, their website indicates "On Windows® 11 we also require TPM 2.0 and UEFI Secure Boot.", so you may verify with them about this requirement.

2- Update the Operating System, refer to Update Windows*.

3- Check the game Web site or use the provided game updating tool to make sure that the game is up-to-date and running the latest patches.

4- Try a "Repair installation" for the game. Contact the game developers for proper guidance.

5- Check if the behavior could be due to overheating. If CPU temperature is above specifications, it may start throttling and reduce its performance. Visit the product specifications page to check the CPU specifications.

Contact the system manufacturer to understand the system’s normal operating temperature range and to report unexpected behavior of the system.

6- Test with the customized graphics driver provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ACER® to see if the behavior persists. The latest ACER* driver seems to be version 27.20.100.8439.

You may also try with a previous version of the Intel® generic drivers to see if the behavior is different. For instance: 30.0.101.1660 or 30.0.100.9684.

To install the driver, please follow the steps in this article: Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*. During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

Please let us know if the behavior is the same with those drivers.

If the problem persists, please provide the following details:

1- We understand that this worked fine before. Do you know if there were any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (For instance, Windows*, driver, BIOS, or software/game updates?)

2- Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) are fine. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

3- Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.

A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach it to the post or provide the YouTube link.

4- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I

Hey @AndrewG_Intel , I have the exact same laptop as @Rahul991 and I believe he has the same problem as mine where the game just crashes unexpectedly, already made a post regarding that.

@Rahul991 I think you have the other same problem where the drive inside the laptop overheats, causing frame drops. Can you click here to download CrystalDiskInfo so that you can check the temperature of the drive, when gaming?

Before that though, is Windows Update not offering you DCH driver version 30.0.101.1404 ? That's actually the OEM driver that works well for my laptop.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Rahul991

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Hello Xillvion, thank you for the suggestions provided in this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Rahul991

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos