Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

PlaidML - What does the __k<number> suffix on kernel names in the PlaidML benchmarks mean?

VMaly2
Beginner

​I was not able to find a forum on PlaidML, so please move or redirect me to correct forum topic if needed

I am working on a National Science Foundation funded research project at CSUS where we are using PlaidML to test our instruction scheduler on AMD GPU's. When profiling the PlaidML benchmarks, I found that the same kernel was appearing many times, but each time followed by a unique suffix in the form of __k### where ### is a number. The same kernel would appear with a different __k suffix, but when examining the ISA code generated by the compiler, only one version of the kernel is compiled. For example in densenet169, kernel_c149_sdk_7 appears with 82 different names. Each name has kernel_c149_sdk_7 in it, but is followed by __k### with different numbers.

What is the significance of the __k## suffix? Are these kernels the same or is there different assembly generated for them?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos