Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20839 Discussions

Playing HEVC 8K 10bit 422 files from Canon R5

DanPatrutiu
Beginner

Hi guys,

I have an Intel ARC A770 GPU and a 14900K CPU. The specs of the GPU say that it can decode HEVC 10 bit 422 files in hardware.

My Canon R5 camera outputs two bitrates in this format, 680 Mbps and 340 Mbps.

- the 340 Mbps files play quite fine, with some occasional judder, BUT the strange thing to me is that the CPU is also involved in decoding. So the "team" CPU + GPU can handle the files but I wonder why not only GPU is involved

- for the 680 Mbps files, same as above, CPU + GPU work, but no chance to play smoothly.

Any clues? Can I improve this situation somehow?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MUC
Valued Contributor II

This obviously depends heavily on the video renderer used. Maybe this can help you:

SOLVED: Graphics - NUCWSHi5 Not HW acceleration H.265 50 fps 4k 4:2:2 10 bit L5.1-High

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MUC
Valued Contributor II

This obviously depends heavily on the video renderer used. Maybe this can help you:

SOLVED: Graphics - NUCWSHi5 Not HW acceleration H.265 50 fps 4k 4:2:2 10 bit L5.1-High

0 Kudos
DanPatrutiu
Beginner
Hi,

The problem is totally solved! I can play the 680 Mbps files using only GPU.
As the guy from the post above said, it would be great if we have a chance to drink a beer together. I am a low level C++ programmer btw. Am from România.
Many thanks!
0 Kudos