Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21223 Discussions

Please optimize Iris Xe to support more games

WINSEVN
Beginner
Hello
I love that I am able to play games on my laptop thanks to Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics, however I do run into issues with compatibility from time to time. Sometimes games are not supported on ANY Intel graphics, which is the case with the games below, regardless of having stellar specs like DirectX 12 and SSE4 intstruction sets.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4
El Matador
Newer Sherlock Holmes games

Then there are games like GTA V that could not possibly run, but do. Anyway, could you please improve compatibility with older and newer games alike? This other post says you have been planning it.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Game-compatibility-driver-update-for-Iris-Xe-graphics/m-p/1511776/highlight/true#M120777

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello WINSEVN,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you would us to expand the game compatibility for the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.

I would like to let you know that the game developer is the one who decides which components will be compatible with their games and there is not much the manufacturer of components (RAM, GPU, CPU, etc) can do. However. I will send your feedback to the team in charge so they can have it under consideration, but I cannot promise anything.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
WINSEVN
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

I appreciate your response.  I was not aware that developers were the ones who ultimately decided which components are compatible with their games.  Given the other article, it sounded like you were going to consider making enhancements to this graphics card.  Now I realize that has no bearing over whether a game is supported or not.  Thank you for explaining.  Have a nice holiday.

WINSEVN

0 Kudos