Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20895 Discussions

Please strengthen support for solidworks

PinGuo
Beginner

I am very happy to be a user of INTEL ARC A750. Its new driver’s support for games has been greatly improved compared to the earliest time, but the current support for SOLIDWORKS is still not improved, and the performance in solidworks is not even as good as 10 years ago. Ex GTX950 graphics card. After modifying some registry parameters according to the suggestions of other people in the community, there is some improvement, but it is still far from the hardware capabilities that A750 should have. I hope the official can improve the support for working users as soon as possible, thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello PinGuo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am happy to hear that you noticed an improvement with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics running Solidworks when updating the graphics driver to the latest versions.

We would like to let you know we have been working hard to fix it as soon as possible, this is a known issue and we are working alongside the developer of the software to improve the performance on SolidWorks. Initially, our efforts were focused on enabling and certifying the application with Intel Arc Pro solutions and now we are moving to improve compatibility with consumer-grade solutions (i.e. Arc A-Series). However, there is no estimated time for the resolution of this issue, so please stay tuned and look forward to future driver updates.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ThomasW
Beginner

I agree, I have an A770 and the performance on SW'23 out of the box is rough at best, even highlighting a plane to draw on takes several seconds.  Editing those 4 registry keys made a world of difference and made it usable, but before I found that solution I thought I'd have to return the card and get something else.  It would be good to at least build that workaround into a driver update if possible so that people aren't scared off from the beginning.

With a card this powerful it will be great to apply it to Solidworks once more of the kinks get worked out. 

Also, shout-out to Intel for going after these fixes, it's good to see these reports are being taken seriously and y'all are making improvements with each driver update.  We appreciate it!

-Thomas

0 Kudos
hasankarabasan
Beginner
How much has performance increased?
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello PinGuo,

Thank you for all the comments and feedback provided, it is really important for us. We recommend checking on our future driver release notes and keeping the graphics driver updated.

As we are working on this issue, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos