Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Possible to Custom resolution dual 1920 x 2160 on 3840 x 2160 Monitor?

booest
Beginner

Possible to Custom resolution dual 1920 x 2160 on 3840 x 2160 Monitor?

I used to be able to do it for all my INTEL graphics

But the new UHD Intel does not allow this. MY new Lenovo L15 and my Intel NUC 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1260P both unable to do this. The  4K support kills all this less used feature?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @booest

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will do my best to assist you here. 

Regarding your Intel® NUC, we have a forum for those specific products and questions so we recommend you post your issue in the Intel® NUCs Forum, they can help you with your NUC. 

Please be aware that resolution matters depend on your computer and Display/Monitor limitations, even bandwidth can affect it. 

Are you using any adapters or is it direct connection (E.g. DP to DP)? 

Please attach an Intel SSU and an IGCC report so we can check more information about your laptop and display specifications: 

Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC) 

Steps to get the report: 

Go to Intel Graphics Command Center. 

Click on the "?" Icon or "Support" tab on the left bar. 

Go to the "System Diagnostic" Tab. 

Click on the "Generate Report" option. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel SSU) 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @booest.   

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to review my previous post.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
booest
Beginner
Let me go back and see how I can extract the SSU and IGCC…

But I don’t think there is a need . Just hook 2 x Intel latest graphics to a monitor with 2 hdmi with resolution 3840 x 2160 and do a PBP with 1920 x 2160 for both system . You will not be able to do this since there is no longer custom resolution. Option
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @booest

Thank you for your reply. 

However, as previously explained in my first post, resolution matters depend on your computer and Display/Monitor limitations and supported resolutions, the reports requested are needed to check your display and computer information. 

Please provide us with the reports requested so we can help with your issue. 

Also, are you using any adapters or is it a direct connection (E.g. DP to DP)?

I asked this previously as well, please answer the questions made and provide us with the reports requested, these are important for us to understand your issues and rule out possible root causes of your issue.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @booest.    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you want to continue investigating this issue with us and provide us the information we need.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @booest.    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. I hope you could see my last post. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
booest
Beginner

updated both GCC and SSU

0 Kudos