Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Problem with Intel Graphics Command Center not saving settings

trojanrobmc
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 15 9520 with Intel Core i9 12900HK.

For some reason, yesterday the Intel Graphics Command Center started misbehaving. The problem: the display settings that I choose under the color portion (such as hue, saturation, etc) revert to normal whenever I reboot the computer, or when the screen shuts off (when closing the laptop, etc). For example, if I set saturation to 80, it reverts to 50 whenever I restart. Oddly, when I open the app it still APPEARS that it's on 80, but the saturation has actually been reset. If I move the slider from 80 to either 81 or 79 (or anything really) the colors all of a sudden pop back to where they should be.

I've reinstalled the display drivers, the intel graphics command center, and even did a system restore to a few days ago, 

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello trojanrobmc,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Graphics Command Center (Intel® GCC).

There is an application pre-installed on certain Dell systems called “Dell PremierColor.” This app manages your monitor settings independently. You can manually set your colors in the Intel Graphics Command Center. However, once you go to restart your computer, the Dell PremierColor app will reset the colors according to the parameters set within the app.

Disabling the Dell PremierColor application at startup may solve this issue with Intel Graphics Command Center.

Consult with Dell on the best way to disable the Dell PremierColor application.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

trojanrobmc
Beginner

Thank you very much for your response. I have uninstalled Dell PremierColor. That appears to have done the trick. Thanks!

Amir7
Beginner
Hello, I have exactly the same problem with Asus tuf f15 fx506 laptop, can you please guide me too?
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello trojanrobmc, 

Thanks for your response. I am glad to know that the issue was fixed, I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new thread in case you encounter any other issue.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos