Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20647 Discussions

Problem with Intel HD 4000

fmoha7
Beginner

Hi everyone, I have a big issue with my graphic card and would like to explain my case, it is highly appreciated if you help.

My system specification: ASUS VIVOBOOK S200E, 4GB RAM, Intel HD4000 (Latest Driver) , Windows 8.1 ( all updates done) , Interl I3 processor.

Only when I use Microsoft office word,( no matter what version 2007 or 2010 ) when i scroll down or up suddenly a series of lines ( horizontal lines ) appear on the screen, even the text disappears and I should zoom out or in in order to make texts appear. The lines all disappear when i play with scroll up and down again.

I suspect to the graphic card because, after fully uninstalling the latest version of Intel HD 4000 driver, my system graphic runs on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. While the system is running on this driver I have no problem at all; and when I install the latest Intel HD4000 Driver again i get the same problem.

Is the problem coming from my graphic chip? or its just a software issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi farah,

The Intel ® HD graphics controller will take care of the video resources in your system; therefore it should not affect a 3rd party software such as Microsoft tools.

In this case, I recommend you updating the latest graphics driver in your system by accessing at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers

I also recommend you updating the bios in your system and if issue persists, the best option will be to contact the software manufacturer so they can help you out with a possible step for the program.

0 Kudos