Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem with graphics card driver. need help

ksand4
Beginner

I have the Hp Pavilion 15-N261NR notebook. The laptop currently has the Intel HD Graphic 4400 card and the Intel HD graphics family driver (version 10.18.15.4278) from 8/17/2015. I have also upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. Now here is my problem. i started playing a game i know my computer can handle and the game display keeps freezing. This game also says my Graphics driver is 732 days old. i went into the device manager and tried to update the drivers there. The computer said the drivers were up to date but the game still says my driver is old. So i did research and found that for 4400 card on windows 10 i should be running the intel graphics driver [15.40] (version 15.40.36.4703). So using the intel driver update utility program i scanned and downloaded the 15.40 driver and when i try to install the driver i get an error stating "the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." Im not the best with computers but is the current version 10.18.15.4278 correct? and if i need the 15.40 driver how can i get around this error im having. any help would be appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
ksand4
Beginner

ill give it a shot thanks. do i need to back my user profile up to an external source or anything

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

k.sanders89 schrieb:

ill give it a shot thanks. do i need to back my user profile up to an external source or anything

Backing up to an external source is always a good idea.

If you create the suggested system restore point, you can roll back to the state before the installation just in case the new driver doesn't work as expected.

The regular installer of the driver which failed on your rig would have done that automatically.

0 Kudos
ksand4
Beginner

gotcha well it worked. Thank you very much for the help

0 Kudos