Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Problem with my i7-9700k

Gio
Beginner
Hi, I have a problem with my CPU. In September I assembled a pc with:
CPU: i7 9700K
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B365-G GAMING
Video Card: MSI GTX 1660 X 6 G.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance lpx 16 G (8x2) 3000 MHz
1T SSD
and an arctic air cooler.
The pc worked and never gave me any problems.
In December I added another 16 G (8x2) of ram (HyperX Fury) which I fooled around to take them from 2666 MHz thinking that there would be no problems also because the motherboard as a frequency reaches a maximum of 2666 MHz for RAM. And I changed the cooler with a liquid one, the Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX. I also moved the GPU one slot lower for convenience. I turned on and everything worked, I found a softwere for the ram and I set all the RGB. From the next day I started to notice this problem: a "rest" the CPU has a frequency of 4.5 GHz while if I start a game or heavy programs the frequency of all the CPU cores drops to 0.8 GHz and consequently slowing down the processes a lot. Before having these problems I had never touched the BIOS except to increase the RAM frequency. The strange thing is that if I change any BIOS setting (for example I put the RAM frequency from 2666 MHZ to 2600) I start the PC and everything works correctly then I turn off the PC and turn off the power and once turned on problem. I tried to remove the HyperX RAM and leave the privateer that could be the problem but it isn't. I have no idea what the problem may be as I have never even tried to overclock the processor.
I am attaching a photo with the pc without heavy processes and one with. I really hope you can help me because I have been scrambling to try to figure out what the problem may be and I can't give me an answer, Thanks in advance.Screenshot (340).pngScreenshot (341).png
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Gio,  

Thanks for the reply. 

Based on that we will close this inquiry, if you get to need further help please submit a new question and we will gladly assist you. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos