Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Problems with Dell Studio Hybrid with 965 Chipset and HDMI

idata
Employee

Hi There,

I recently purchased a dell studio hybrid and wanted to connect it to my optoma hd81 projector.

Unfortunately all I get is a red yellow and green screen version of my windows screen - ie it looks like it is in 4 colour mode.

800x 600 resolution works fine but the HDMI sound does not work.

I have tested the projector with a dell XPS M1330 using the HDMI connector and all seems fine - all resolutions tested ok

I then connected my new Dell Studio Hybrid to a Samsung LCD screen and it worked fine.

So it seems that it is a problem with the combination of the Dell Studio Hybrid and the optoma HD81 projector.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue ?

I have tried the latest drivers from Intel and Dell - no luck

Thanks in advance

David

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi David

I have a couple of questions regarding this issue.

1. Does the issue occur if you connect the projector to the Dell Studio Hybrid DVI port using a DVI to HDMI adapter?

2. What version of the Intel(R) graphics driver are you using?

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert,

Re your questions:-

1. Does the issue occur if you connect the projector to the Dell Studio Hybrid DVI port using a DVI to HDMI adapter?

Yes I purchased a converter on the weekend and I can report the same problem DOES occur.

2. What version of the Intel(R) graphics driver are you using?

I have tried using the dell driver, then I tried using the latest update utility from intel and then I tried a driver from the intel web site that was specifically for problems with HDMI not displaying etc.

Unfortunately I don' thave my PC here with me so I can't be more specific but I feel like I have tried lots of different drivers.

Happy to try more though

Cheers

duckman

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Duckman

Thanks for the additional information. Please try the following driver and let me know the outcome.

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-029955.htm http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-029955.htm

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos