Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problems with performance of Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 during working in Photoshop CC 2019

Pidlisna
Beginner

Hi! I'm an illustrator and working mostly in Photoshop. After buying a new laptop I've noticed some problems when I use texture brushes. If laptop connected to the charger they work without any delay. But if laptop works from it's own buttery - brushes become really slow. I' ve read several articles on the internet on this subject and people suggested to check power settings, disable power saving mode and use Maximum Perfomance power plan. But even after this actions nothing changed. What else should I do to fix this problem? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
Pidlisna
Beginner
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Pidlisna, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Based on the report that you provided, I noticed that your system uses 2 graphics cards, Intel® and Nvidia*, please check the following: 

1. Since your system uses both graphics card, it should support hyrbrid graphics, check more information here. Usually, this feature depends on the laptop's design, so it is highly recommended to use the manufacturer's drivers.  
  2. Try installing the latest Intel® and Nvidia* drivers available in the HP* download site. (check with HP* the recommended steps) 
  3. Also, this seems to be the power plan settings as you mentioned, I understand you already tried changing this, did you try doing that for both graphics cards? (check with HP* for guidance on this as well) 
  4. Additionally, I noticed that you are not running the latest Windows version, try updating the Operating System (OS) to the latest version. (check with Microsoft* for guidance if needed) 

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Pidlisna
Beginner

@Sebastian_M_Intel I chose another graphics card for my Photoshop and it helped! Thanks! I will also check all system and driver updates that you mentioned.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Pidlisna, 

Thank you for the update.

It is good to hear that you were able to work with the App. We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos