Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Qt-based 32bit applications working with OpenGL were broken after driver update

Knie
Beginner

Hi,

I have a QT-based 32bit application with OpenGL which is not longer running (crashing) on a Laptop with Intel HD Graphics 620.

If I install the driver version: 15.47.02.4815 (from 10.10.2017), then the application is running.

If I install the driver version 25.20.100.6444 (from 28.11.2018) and newer driver, the application is not running (crashing).

If I delete the opengl32.dll from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\, if the new driver is install, the application is running.

Is there any solution what can I do? Or need you more information?

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Knie, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

What is the model of the laptop?

What is the model of the processor?

Is this a new computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

What is the name of the application?

Is there any reason why you need to use the 32-bit version of it?

Intel Graphics drivers merely enable the use of OpenGL. This means that OpenGL drivers must be installed separately, and are often included with the game or application that requires it.

Even though Intel® Graphics controllers support a wide range of popular Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) such as OpenGL, make sure the Intel® Graphics controller is compatible with the version required to run games and applications. In this scenario, games and applications should provide specific OpenGL version compatibility:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics-drivers.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Knie
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

thank you for your feedback.

Laptop: Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th generation

Processor: i5-7300U

This Laptop is from 2017

Installed is Windows 10 with the latest updated

From this application exist only a 32-bit version

If I look to the loaded dlls bevor the crash is, it is the last loaded dll: edputil.dll

If I delete the opengl32.dll from C:\Windows\SysWOW64, then the application will be start.

There I have seen that this dlls are then not loaded:

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\opengl32.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\GLU32.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DDRAW.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DCIMAN32.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki131074.inf_amd64_6371bf46cc74b27d\ig9icd32.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki131074.inf_amd64_6371bf46cc74b27d\igdgmm32.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\edputil.dll

Thanks and Regards

Knie

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Knie, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Is there any link that you can provide or any way that we can download the application that you are referring to in order for us to try to replicate this scenario?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Knie, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Knie, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos