Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20692 Discussions

Quick Sync not available

idata
Employee

I recently upgraded my system and rebuilt using a 3770K and Asus P8Z77-V Premium motherboard. I have a nVidia GT240 installed which is running my display via VGA (DE-15).

I would like to use Quick Sync to decode video, however I have had nothing but problems getting it to work. The first being getting the Intel drivers installed.......every time I attempted to install the drivers, I was told that my system didn't meet the minimum specification and refused to install.

At first my Bios showed the iGPU as having an undefined frequency. I think that the lack of iGPU frequency in the Bios might of been the problem with the drivers install and I did manage to get the frequency detected as 350MHz by disabling Render standby. That enabled all the iGPU Bios options and allowed the Intel drivers to install.

I installed Lucid Logix, ffdshow, LAV decoder but the two codecs do not recognize Quicksync and won't use it. I installed a trial of GOM video converter and that also does not recognize Quick Sync.

ffdshow video decoder config, About tab, Version details shows IntelQuickSyncDecoder.dll as not found and I can see no Intel codecs in any program.

I have no display connected to the on board connectors because my monitor doesn't have the required connectors unless I purchase an adapter.

Therefore I would like to know how to install the drivers and/or Quick Sync in order to use it..

25 Replies
idata
Employee

Akisj wrote:

Im using Lucid MVP.

QS works with LAV for HD and i gotta tell you videos are playing way more smooth than my discrete card.You got your graphic card cable connected to the onboard right?

Thank you for confirming that.

I don't have my monitor connected to the Intel on board graphics. That seems to be essential in order to make any significant use of QS. I hoped that Lucid logix (LL) would enable QS to work fully when using a discrete card like their site suggests, however that seems not to be the case.

I will have to try any find a way of doing it but the Intel help is providing the help that is needed, especially with regard to displayport display refresh rates.

Akisj wrote:

I guess the latest version of Lucid is kinda buggy cause sometimes you need to reboot to see the changes when you add a program doesnt show straight up.

/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-192129-232047/lav.jpg

I don't think that you need LL if you are only using the onboard video. It doesn't do anything without a discrete card installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My system is hd4000+asus 7870.I get way better performance having my hdmi connected to hd4000 and on 3D games it activates my 7870 too plus saving power features.With Lucid activated on Mediaconverter 8 i get both options Quick sync and AMD hardware acceleration.Works like it suppose too so far.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

lister.of.smeg escribió:

When I try and add anything, it tells me that I have added a non validated application and that performance and quality cannot be guaranteed. Which would be fine but the application is no where to be seen. It doesn't show in the applications list. If I add it again, it tells me that it already exists.

I also get the same message, but applications are added to the end of the list.

For now I can not do more testing, I completely removed Windows from my hard drive.

I hope you can solve the issue with the DisplayPort.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
ALuca2
Beginner

One thing.. their installer is bugged. It kept saying my operating system was not supported (Windows 7 pro), even though the download said otherwise. If you let it error out, then go to where it unpacked the files and run the setup from there, the installer works ok.