Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

RAID 5 failed after upgrading mobo BIOS

idata
Employee

Help!

We have a system with a MSI 7514 motherboard that uses the Intel Matrix RAID Controller. We upgraded the board BIOS, the system booted into Windows and we noticed our RAID5 volume had disappeared and 2 additional drives were listed in Windows server 2003 R2. On clicking Windows advised they were not formatted and offered to do the deed which we refused. We rebooted and realised that the RAID array had not been set to RAID. We did this however our RAID 5 array is shown as failed and Drive 0 and Drive 5 (6 disk array) are shown as non RAID disks. I believe I cannot rebuild the array as 2 drives are missing. The drives show as Non RAID disks in the Intel console and I can only add as SPARE.

All the data should be on the drives but I can see no way of adding them back into the array. It has important data on it that I may not have a backup of....don't lecture me! Please can anyone advise of a method of rebuilding this Array.

0 Kudos
0 Replies