Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

RAID migration problem

idata
Employee

I have a two disk raid array (raid 0) contianing DATA; the main disk in this machine ahs failed so cannot boot etc. I am installing a new machine using Intel i7 with chipset 55.

Can I move the RAID disks to teh new PC and 'import' the configuration without losing any data on tehm?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

So just to be clear two disks in RAID 0 and one drive for the OS?

If you install the OS on its own drive and as long as you enabled RAID first and that the RAID was a ICHxxR on the old machine, you will be able to connect the drives to the P55 SATA ports and access your RAID 0.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Peter

thanks for this

Yes, it is one disk for OS and two seperate disks for RAID; the existing RAID is ICH7R (so only one 'X" - does his matter?).

When you say '..RAID was enabled first...' do you mean before the OS is installed or before the two RAID disks are installed or have I missed soemthing else?

many thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

(so only one 'X" - does his matter?)

Nope I went from a ICH8R to P55 ICH7R will do the same.

When you say '..RAID was enabled first...' do you mean before the OS is installed

Yes

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did this and it set all three disks (my two recovery ones and the exisitng boot disk) to RAID - this diabled booting form the boot disk!

How can I:

set jsut two of three SATA disks to RAID

OR

recover data from two RAID 0 disks not recognised as RAID??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did this and it set all three disks (my two recovery ones and the exisitng boot disk) to RAID - this diabled booting form the boot disk!

You lost me if it disables booting form a boot disk when set to RAID how would anyone setup a RAID.

0 Kudos