Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21074 Discussions

Refresh Rate options missing after updating to windows 11

Kru1cif3r
Beginner

Hi i have an external monitor which can be on 165 refresh rate. I just updated my laptop to windows 11 and suddenly my refresh rate options became limited. I have tried the intel graphic control and using CRU but it didnt change my refresh rate options on windows advanced display setting. I have added the 165hz into cru detailed resolution but it still didnt work. In the intel graphic app the options for 144 and 165 hz is still there. I am primary a fps gamer and so i need all the hz i have. Thanks for the help.Screenshot (17).pngScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kru1cif3r.

Thank you for your patience.

Our recommendation is to perform a Factory Reset in your display settings. We found this useful information that might work for your scenario: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036290

If that does not work, please contact the display manufacturer.

Best regards,  

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
mlegend123
Beginner

Try using the Command Center Beta version from the Microsoft Store to change the refresh rate; you might have to reset the CRU settings first.

0 Kudos
Kru1cif3r
Beginner

i am already using the beta version sir

0 Kudos
mlegend123
Beginner

Oh I didn't initially see it in the image.

0 Kudos
Kru1cif3r
Beginner

i dont think its the cable because it was working at 165hz before. it just after windows 11 it didnt show options and i am using the cable that came from the monitor box

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @Kru1cif3r

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with the refresh rate, and I’ll be more than happy to help you. 

Please run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), you will have the instructions there. 

After that, please perform install the latest graphics driver for your integrated graphics adapter:

1. Identify the Intel Graphics device among the options listed.
  2. Access Download Centersearch for the Intel® Graphics model identified in step 3 using the Search box located in the top-right corner.
  3. Select the driver from the list that is designated for the operating system (Windows 11/10, 8.1, or 7).
  4. Download the .exe file.

In order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel®️ System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Also, we require the report from the Intel®️ Graphics Command Center.

Best regards,  

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Kru1cif3r
Beginner

I have tried the solution you recommended and i still have the same problem. My refresh rate settings is stuck at 120,60 and 50. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the the nvdia graphic and intel graphic drivers.  Attached is the user report

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Kru1cif3r,

Thank you for providing that information. 

We will check the reports internally, as soon as we have an update, we will let you know by posting here. 

Best regards,  

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kru1cif3r, thank you for patience.

It seems on the menu of the monitor itself there is an option called ''Overclocking'' and this function allows to modify the refresh rate, have you checked that option?

There is also a Software and Utility for 11 DisplayWidgetLite_v1.0.5.0, can you try using that?

Best regards,  

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Kru1cif3r
Beginner

the overclocking button in the monitor settings is greyed out and i cant click it. And the app doesnt seem to have refresh rate changer

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kru1cif3r.

Thanks for letting me know. We would like to continue investigating this, as soon as we have an update, we will post here.

Best regards,  

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Kru1cif3r
Beginner
thank you intel team for the big help
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kru1cif3r.

Thank you for your patience.

Our recommendation is to perform a Factory Reset in your display settings. We found this useful information that might work for your scenario: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036290

If that does not work, please contact the display manufacturer.

Best regards,  

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kru1cif3r

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.    

Regards,  

Jose B. 

0 Kudos