Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Screen having problems upon waking up from sleep

MGlot
Beginner

When I shut my laptop and the computer goes to sleep and then open the laptop again the screen looks like the attached picture. It will reset itself and resume normal function when I force it to shut down and restart. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My laptop is a HP Envy x360

Intel Core I5

Intel HD Graphics 520

Windows 10

0 Kudos
8 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, mglotz:

Have you tested your system with the latest drivers available at HP website?

If you did, test your system with Intel® generic drivers.

Note that any special features or settings provided by OEM's drivers would not be available while using generic drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen]

Regards,

Esteban C

MGlot
Beginner

I had updated my driver around 5 times trying to get it to work, and just did it one more time and now it is working. So I am not sure what the issue was but I will see if it happens again. Thank you for your help.

mglotz

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, mglotz:

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix this issue.

Feel free to contact us back if you encounter with any additional questions.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
DAgin
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue on my son's computer after he performed some hp updates (without me aware of it) on January 19th. What driver did you update? Was it from HP's website or Intel's? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried system restore, but to no avail.

Thanks,

D.R.

0 Kudos
MGlot
Beginner

Every time I ran an update I went to the device manager on my computer, found the graphics driver and updated the driver from there. You have the option to find the right driver from the Web automatically or from a cd. I did the Web because I do not have a disk for the graphics card. Hope this helps.

mglotz

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, mglotz:

Thank you for your quick answer on this matter.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
DAgin
Beginner

I was able to get it fixed. I downloaded the driver from Intel's website and was able to get it installed, which fixed the screen issue my son was having when coming out of sleep mode. I think he learned an important lesson about performing updates immediately after they are released to the public. I do not like being the guinea pig!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Dragin:

I am glad to hear you encountered with a fix for this issue.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact the Intel® Communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos