Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Screen rotation disabled on HD 4000

idata
Employee

rtraintI just received my HP Envy 17t 3200 CTO;

the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel does not have an option for screen rotation

The AMD Radeon CCC panel has it greyed out at well.

Win7 Pro 64bit i7-3610qm 16gb

Intel HD 4000 (8.951.9.1000)

Radeon HD 7850M (8.951.9.1000) CCC version 2012.0326.310.3601

All Video drivers are current, I updated everything today

I read on another thread to regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318\0000

Display1_RotationCaps from the right Side and set to 1

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/DV7t-with-Radeon-HD-6770M-Can-t-rotate-display/td-p/1330491/page/2 DV7t with Radeon HD 6770M - Can't rotate display - Page 2 - HP Support Forum

That did not work for me, the entry for Display1_RotationCaps also fell under

\0001 for me. I also tried to edit Display2_RotationCaps, Display1_PortraitMode

and Display2_PortraitMode in various reboots and configurations. No luck on any

of these. I even created Display2_PortraitMode as it was not there

I tried removing both drivers and installing older versions, but this seems to be limited to just the intel drivers now.

I tried using the Drivers from Intel and HP, both have this option disabled.

Does anyone know of a work around for this? A fix? Mod?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

It looks like your system is currently running switchable graphics; this means that your computer runs Intel graphics and Nvidia or ATI graphics at same time. This type of computers do not use generic Intel drivers, they require special drivers from the computer manufacturer. I recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just (today) got my laptop back from HP, (yes they had it that long and did not resolve it)

Going through the registry, I am seeing a hole I cannot fill for screen rotation

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxcfg\resources\DisplayRotation

There is no key for it...

Example, igfxcfg.exe would be in some other locations.

Not saying Intel did this, but if I could point it as an HP problem not intel, it would help me out tremendously.

If it is intel, I could use the proper files for creating this. I am willing to do it on my own at this point, as HP has been less than helpful. They had my laptop 46 days. I have only had it 18 of the 64 days of ownership.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/I-am-unable-to-run-a-second-display-in-portrait-mode-off-HDMI-or/m-p/1840359# M54074 I am unable to run a second display in portrait mode (off HD... - HP Support Forum

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

try using the MagicRotation from Samsung. it worked for me, but be forewarned it will disable your ATI/NVIDIA graphics. you will need to uninstall it to use the second video.

0 Kudos