Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Second monitor resolution maximum

LM7
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 connected to a docking station and running Intel Iris Graphics 540.  I bought a new 32" Samsung monitor and cannot get the resolution beyond 1920 x 1080. The supported resolution is significantly higher than this.:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/troubleshoot-connecting-surface-to-an-external-display-bc8f5121-a4cb-cf0b-5770-2df7a66a3b28#bkmk_checkdisplayportsetting_w10

I have not had this problem with previous large monitors.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps:

• Installed the most recent driver.
  • Connected the HDMI cable adapter to the port in the back of the docking station
  • Connected display wirelessly

Also, when I connect the monitor to a Thinkpad, the resolutions available are significantly higher.

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello LM7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are having issues setting the native monitor resolution.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Disconnect any video docking station and use a straight connection instead. Some 3rd party components may prevent or alter the capability of the Intel Graphics to read the display's Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) data.
  • Have you tried using a different video cable or video output? Some cables might yield the worst data transfer capabilities and limit the display's capabilities.
  • We also want to have more information about your system. Create the system reports using the following tools:
    • Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

•  Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello LM7,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello LM7,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos